[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>reincarnation is real >you'll have to live as some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: fuck.jpg (17KB, 302x288px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
17KB, 302x288px
>reincarnation is real
>you'll have to live as some no name peasant in ancient China and have your entire family slaughtered
>you'll have to go through hell as some front line soldier in WW1 as they test the first poison gas attacks
>you'll have to live as one of the last of the Aztecs as your entire world is destroyed by invaders
>you will have to live a meaningless existence as a slave
>you will have to experience fear as a soldier making a last stand
>you will have to suffer as Junko Furuta
>
>
>

I want out
>>
Reincarnation doesnt work like that buddy. You dont travel back in time, as it flows in a linear manner, the things you described could've been your past lives, you might or might not have experienced those things.

Besides, for example, a branch of christianism, spiritism, don't deny that there could be life in another planets whose souls could incarnate to, and it's a step by step reincarnation process where you start as a simple life form and work your way to the top, so if you're a sentient being now, you'll not reincarnate as a germ on some godforsaken planet in andromeda, unless it's a being much mord advanced than us human.

If reincarnation is real, the endgame is something similar to the cosmic side of marvel comics and movies, to pick up a stupid example.
>>
But 'you' won't have to, really. The only thing persistent between lives is the atman, all else changes and is changed. One could question if that even if reincarnation exists, if it really even is you being born again at all.
>>
File: 213085.jpg (922KB, 3409x2382px) Image search: [Google]
213085.jpg
922KB, 3409x2382px
>>2786556
>reincarnation is real
>you will never be an anime girl
Truly we live in the worst of all possible universes
>>
>>2786556
Wtf I was literally thinking about this topic. I even thought about making a thread about it just now.
>>
>>2786556
>reincarnation is real
>I'll have to experience your father's disappointment
>>
What if consciousness is just a certain configuration of the brain and after some time a brain with the same configuration as yours is born and it feels exactly like you are right now? Does that count as reincarnation?
>>
>>2786589
Fuck you me! Get out of 4chan and fix your life.
>>
>>2786596
While theoretically possible, I think it would be so statistically unlikely, a second identical brain will almost never form in the lifetime of a universe.
>>
>>2786583
In Buddhism there is the possibility of you being reincarnated as a heavenly being in another plane though - so that's almost as good!

>>2786596
That would be replication, not reincarnation, as reincarnation requires a persistent element (generally the soul/the essential Self) from one itineration to the other.
>>
>>2786605
But what if there is a multiverse and millions of planets with life in our own universe?
>>
>>2786608

Then god is not real and there's nothing after death.

Worst case scenario you get to live your own life over and over again in different timelines. Remeber when you woke up after a nightmare when you were five, six year old and felt like a timelife has passed? So... It might not be your childish mind playing you tricks...
>>
>>2786556

May be off topic, but it reminds me off the studies were "scientists" were researching trauma from past generations in the DNA of people, and disproved how it isn't real in African Americans. But another study shows how Jews (who's ancestors were affected by the holocaust) are still traumatized from the holocaust
>>
>>2786613
Ultimately what you're saying comes down to whether you believe there's anything to a person beyond the physical body I suppose. If we're just chemicals and neurons then you're right - there is no difference.

Of course, if there is such a thing as a soul/eternal self, it wouldn't be you as it wouldn't possess that ephermal part of you from before.

But since we'll never know, it pretty much just comes down to personal belief really.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.