[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Old Testament even a part of Christian canon? There are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: slide_16.jpg (164KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
slide_16.jpg
164KB, 960x720px
Why is Old Testament even a part of Christian canon?
There are so many inconsistencies between it and NT, and even between different books of OT.
Quran isn't far from OT in its message
>>
The Old Testament is there to foreshadow the coming of Christ the Messiah. It also tells us the stories of the lineage Christ descended from.
>>
>>2785628

The OT is there to warn us about the Jews.
>>
>>2786319
really made me think
>>
Matthew 5:17
>Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
>>
>>2785628

Because the whole premise of the new testament is that every word of the old testament is true. Christianity is Jewish fan fiction.
>>
>>2785628

Because the New Testament is supposed to be the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy.
How can you not know this?
>>
>>2786964
Because they are not real Christians.
>>
>>2785628
Bwahahaha... I've seen some ridiculous Bible passages, but this one takes the cake.
>>
Marcion pls go
>>
>>2785628
>Christianity considers insulting the bald a mortal sin

B A S E D
>>
>>2785628
as a bald man myself approve
>>
>>2786989
>>2786994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQCVf7AnXNY
>>
File: facial expressions.jpg (2MB, 3650x3033px) Image search: [Google]
facial expressions.jpg
2MB, 3650x3033px
Actually, OT wasn't an integral part of popular Christianity for many ages. Only NT was widely available.

I'm guessing theologians eventually needed more material to nitpick so OT was popularized eventually.
>>
>>2787136
Literally what -- one of the primary things St. Paul did was refer to the OT in his Epistles, such as in Romans 9. The gospels (such as Matthew) repeatedly reference the OT.

The Old Testament was considered divinely inspired and was considered to be Scripture by the early church. In those times, the New Testament hadn't been conclusively formed and canonized until the 300's. All the early church had was the OT and word of mouth teaching from the Apostles.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.