[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently made a DNA test. My father was from Sierra Leone and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: c69fb855f2e0af337c7c8ba4b2699ca8.jpg (160KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
c69fb855f2e0af337c7c8ba4b2699ca8.jpg
160KB, 730x1095px
I recently made a DNA test. My father was from Sierra Leone and I found out something quite extraordinary: from his side of the family I had some Papuan and Native American from the Amazon area. As we all know, these were not places from which people travelled to other countries or continents. How on earth could a Papuan from Oceania or an Amazonian from South America end up in Africa? These were all countries that were visited by the Portuguese who had slaves, right? However, I'm not aware from which countries they had slaves from. What do you guys think?

I hope this will spark some interesting conversation. Thank you.

>Pic related, that's probably how my great-great-great-great-great-etc-grandmother looked like.
>>
>>2784630
WE
>>
>>2784630
Commercial DNA 'ancestry' tests are terrible and basically regulated by nobody. Unless you got it done through a university/research org it's about as good as a daily horoscope.
>>
>>2784638

WUZ

>>2784650

That's what I assumed as well. Especially since the percentage was so low. I'd like to make another DNA test from a more renown company just to make sure.
>>
>>2784689

>more renowned

Who the hell did i you use? Bob's discount DNA ancestry?
>>
>giving your money AND DNA to random strangers

World really has gone to shit.
>>
>>2784892

Lol, no. MyHeritage. They started doing DNA tests recently. Customer service sucks, I don't suggest buying anything from them. Some fairly new Israeli company but I heard they got their DNA info from one of the best DNA testers out there (AncestryDNA) which I why I chose it, plus it was on discount.

>>2784952

What do you think some 30-year-old Israeli scientist girls could do with my DNA?? Nothing lol.
>>
>>2784689
How low are we talking? If it's 1-5% that's basically just noise as far as these kinds of tests are concerned.
>>
>>2785115

Yep, about 1% for Papuan and 1% for Amazonian. But why would they show false info that isn't there? I mean, how can they see things that aren't there?
>>
>>2784630
Well some natives were enslaved and sent to Africa. Maybe that's how.
>>
>>2785117
Y'know how the the Bantu from the heart of Africa and the Andaman Islanders are both coal black? Y'know how there's absolutely NO relation between the two as the diverged hundreds of thousands of years ago?

A few of the markers are like that: Shared by two groups that have no relation. Like how central African tribal herders and Indo-Europeans both evolved lactose tolerance by the same mechanism completely independently.
>>
>>2784630
Well is he From that country or did he do a test to find his "tribe"?
>>2785142
Bantu are generally brown, Wolof and Nilotics are the ones that can be pitch black
>>
>>2784630
Papuans are more genetically related to Aborigines rather than to Oceanian or even South East Asian.
>>
>>2785415
Uh Papuans aren't homogenous, infact there is a connection between Ami in Taiwan to Highland Papuans not found anywhere in-between and generally speaking Lowlanders Papuans share a lot of roots with Southeast Asians and vice versa (Timor, Molucca, etc...) Oceanian all have Papuan roots but I'd argue DNA researchers haven't taken the time to realize Papuans and say Solomon islanders are genetically distinct peoples.
>>
>>2785527
Well, I was talking about their superficial qualities and general appearances when compared to natives of the western part Indonesian archipelago (Sumatra, Java, Borneo and Sulawesi) and most of Oceanian islanders. Seriously, I've met some of them who are ingenious people from Jayapura, and they aren't even similar with people from Maluku and East Timor. My professor said that they, their tribal culture, and the ingenious flora and fauna are closely related to those of native Australian.
>>
>>2784689
>giving your DNA information to 2 coorporatins and paying for it.
>>
>>2785970
Papuans are more aligned with pre-rice Southeast Asia than Aboriginals. It's an annoying little bit many people don't like to admit but rice cultivation is new and the vegecultural arc from South and Southeast Asia are more aligned than different.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.