[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can I have help with understanding what post-modernism is? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

can I have help with understanding what post-modernism is?
I've heard a lot of mixed things about it and I need a better grasp of what to make of it

also what do you guys think of it?
>>
im glad you made this thread because I have no fuckin clue either.
>>
its whatever happens after modernism
generally based on the ideas that there is no objective truth, just interactions and relationships between various things
>>
>>2784070
aahh, so I see that's where the spectrum debate comes from
>>
>>2784079
The idea of 'deconstructing' power relations is also really important. Also they hate sincerity for some reason, I can't remember why
>>
>>2784093
>Also they hate sincerity for some reason, I can't remember why
Because they don't believe in it. Everything is for power reasons
>>
>>2784106
then how do they explain them wanting to have empathy and respect for trans people and what not?
>>
>>2784174
Like the T-Rex says man, you've set up a false dichotomy. Arguments don't have to make sense.
'Making sense' is a knowledge defined by power structures or something.
>>
>>2784291
Thirty years ago they would have rightfully been burned at the stake as the witches in league with satan that they are.
>>
>>2784059
Post-modernism is a breakdown of rationality and other guiding principles of the Enlightenment. In a post-modern world ideas of positivism and innate truths are carrying less and less while extreme subjectivism and ideas of social construction are becoming more salient. Really its about breaking down our notions of what knowledge really is. Chomsky and Derrida are famous for this as well as many new feminist theorists and critical race theorists.

For an alternative sociological view on post-modernity I'd look into Ulrich Beck. He instead describes our current post-modernity phase as actually being the second half of modernity where this breakdown in rationality was inevitable rather than a new formation of thought.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.