[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand why there's so much controversy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 16

File: GGS.jpg (26KB, 228x346px) Image search: [Google]
GGS.jpg
26KB, 228x346px
I don't understand why there's so much controversy and criticism over this book.

I've read pieces about how it is Eurocentric or racist, but he explicitly states that he is not making the argument that European culture or "progress" for lack of a better word is any better than hunter-gatherer societies, and he is just talking about why it happened.

Another one I've seen a lot is that Diamond is trying to oversimplify world history and explain everything that ever happened as a result of geographical determinism. This makes more sense, but again, he explicitly says in the first 30 pages or so that he is not presuming to explain all of world history, or assert that his ideas are all right, and that things are much more complicated than he could cover in one book. He literally tells you to read his book with a grain of salt.

Can someone explain to me why modern historians seem to hate it so much?
>>
File: download (13).jpg (14KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
14KB, 253x199px
Jared Taylor on suicide watch
>>
>>2782756
Unironically visit askhistorians

also
>e explicitly says in the first 30 pages or so that he is not presuming to explain all of world history, or assert that his ideas are all right, and that things are much more complicated than he could cover in one book. He literally tells you to read his book with a grain of salt.

You don't get to say lol what I'm saying might be bullshit don't believe me lol as if that means its fine to write a dumb, deterministic and oversimplified book
>>
It's not about that, I suppose. It's just that you don't need to write a 500-something-page book to cover points that could very well fit into a 60-page essay, but it's just my opinion. It's the same thing over and over again, like a bad student struggling to come up with things to fill up his thesis.

Btw, in the book, Diamond explicitly states that all he wants is to explain why it was the Spanish who murdered the fuck out of hapless Incas, and not vice versa; alas, he never answers the most difficult question: why on Earth would several thousand people armed with clubs not try to use those clubs on 120 people with sharp metal sticks? I mean, come on, imagine you are walking down the street with 10 of your friends and you see a guy in a cuirass holding a sword. I'm sure you could restrain him with some losses.
>>
>>2782788
This honestly. I'm not really educated enough to argue against his thesis, but the book itself is poorly written and full of filler. He's out to make money is all.
>>
>>2782788
>I mean, come on, imagine you are walking down the street with 10 of your friends and you see a guy in a cuirass holding a sword. I'm sure you could restrain him with some losses.

I seriously doubt it, unless you and your mates are seriously suicidal then you're going to break and run once he slices up the first one or two of you, most battles consist of one side getting demoralised and retreating rather than crazy fights to the finish. Even if you are so incredibly determined / brave / suicidal and you consider restraining this guy to be worth multiple of you being killed or maimed I would still give the guy with a sword a decent chance of winning, it would depend how good at fighting you and you mates are and how good he is with the sword.
>>
>>2782781
Apparently among other reasons zebras weren't domesticated because they had known humans for too long.
Humans make projectile weapons so large savannah animals learned that to stay alive they need to be at a large distance from humans at all times, so zebras would just run off
>>
>>2782785
That isn't what he is doing though, he's offering one possible explanation. And even if it isn't a universal explanation, it is certainly a factor in why some peoples were able to technologically progress much faster than others.

For example, early humans arriving in Australia shooting themselves in the foot down the road by quickly killing off all the animals that didn't recognize them as hunters, leaving them no viable options for domestication.
>>
>>2782835
What are dingos?

seriously I know people hate le reddit here but read what the people on askhistorians have to say about it. They have actual sources and shit
>>
>>2782839
>What are dingos?
Dogs?
>>
>>2782839
There is evidence that Aboriginal Australians did domesticate dingoes to a similar degree that other early humans did with wolves and dogs elsewhere.
>>
>>2782808
>you consider restraining this
You don't.
This isn't policework.
You bash his head in.
Even more so if he doesn't have fully covering armor
>>
>>2782817
>Apparently among other reasons zebras weren't domesticated because they had known humans for too long.

Nah. Zebras could have been domesticated just like horses, dogs, or cattle. The first horses were just as skittish and hard to ride, they just have been selectively bred for desirable traits for literally thousands of years.

Anyways, GG&S is just pop-history. It oversimplifies and exaggerates some things (not necessarily a bad thing) but this really triggers academics (and wanna-be academics on reddit and /his/).

There is also definitely an element of jealously. Diamond wrote one of, possibly the most, widely read/sold/discussed books about history as someone without a background in history (he's an ornithologist or something). That really pisses off a lot of people who have wasted their entire professional careers in academia trying to do exactly that. Academia tends to attract some of the most petty, egotistical, '4eversmarts' around so this to be expected.
>>
Books like his are what happens when your mind is on 9000 layers of Marxism and you think material circumstances is the cause of culture.
>>
>>2782785
I dunno, they still teach Discourse on Inequality.
>>
File: N-word.jpg (90KB, 602x604px) Image search: [Google]
N-word.jpg
90KB, 602x604px
>>2782756
This is a dog
>>
>>2782978
I just told you the reason why they couldn't, regular horses didn't know himans as long as zebras.
We agree in that zebras aren't particularly wilder than pre domesticated horses
>>
File: African slave.jpg (37KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
African slave.jpg
37KB, 450x450px
Which one is the slave?
>>
>>2782860
Dingos are dogs the abos un-domesticated
>>
>>2783034
>I just told you the reason why they couldn't, regular horses didn't know himans as long as zebras

You are right you did just post that on an anonymous Mongolian basket weaving forum. But that doesn't make it in any way true. Domestication ability being based on how long animals have "known" about humans (whatever the fuck that means) is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>2783011
God, this guy is /fa/
>>
>>2783062
It is fucking true though, it is observed that these animals normally stay at a fixed minimum distance from humans, this is to avoid projectiles
But that is /sci/ territory.
>>
>>2782987
The problem with the Marxisting view of history is that it starts of as something very useful: Why would tribes that migrate change morals over the generation

It also enables gauging of things like degeneracy by urbanism for premodern socities,
wealth by infrastructure,
administration power by language spread,
and several other simple constructs.
Sadly, its not a replacement for proper research, which might be impossible due lack of archaeological evidence.
>>
>>2782967

It wasn't me that suggested restraining him and I don't see how the tactic of "bashing his head in" if you don't have a weapon yourself makes any difference to my post.
>>
>>2783074
Like literally 99% of all wild animals do?
>>
>>2783097
Because analogies forget time as a aspect.
Its one thing for a momentary situation, that is resolved by leaving.
Its another when it happens over decades, where history has shown the abused will often resort to poison, assault, guns.
>>
>>2783107
actually no, a lot of megafauna with not enough fear of humans died, small animals naturally avoid unfamiliar bigger animals and predators are risk averse
>>
>>2783117
>megafauna dying out because of humans

When will this meme die?

Not that it matters, we have wild horses right here where I live and they are extremely skittish if you try to approach. Wild camels are downright dangerous, yet both are ridden all around the world. Why? Thousands of years of selective breeding for the traits you want.
>>
>>2782788
because it is rather pointless.

even if you defeat that first group of Spaniards. you know more will just come. so unless you can advance your civilization enough to match the spanish the next time. you are going to be ground down.

all of which is made more difficult by the old world diseases cutting your population down.
>>
>>2783135
Because it happened in the americas and with the wooly mammoth, woolly rhinoceros etc., using 'meme' to discredit something real makes you sound like a fucktard
>>
>>2783117
This.

How else would you explain why Africa is full of large mammals while megafauna in the Americas and Australia all disappeared as soon as humans came around?
>>
>>2783146
>you know
Nope
>unless you advance
Life isn't Rise of Nations.
>muh disease
As usual, the only worthwhile point
>>
>>2783148
But anon, the fucking Elephant is still around. Thats literally megafauna.
>>
>>2783110

I still don't see what difference this makes to what I said. I replied to a claim that 10 unarmed people could restrain one guy with a sword. I wasn't making a wider point about anything.
>>
it is simple really.

Eurasia/NAfrica runs east to west. you have huge bands of similar climates for similar plants and animals. so the different pockets of starting civilizations were able to expand and exchange ideas and goods with each other. they all got to built of each other's work.

sub saharan africa and the Americans run north to south.

australia and the pacific islands are too isolated.
>>
>>2783156
Who have a completely different habitat than the woolly ones, the woolly ones were driven to the north because the ice age ended and they were finished off there. In the americas the late arriving humans were too technologically advanced for creatures like giant sloths to adapt in time.
>>
>>2783002
Zing!
>>
>>2783168
Proboscidea are gene compatible enough to breed.
Ergo the argument holds no water, because its a still living megafauna.
>>
>>2783156
Elephants evolved side by side with early humans and their ancestors in Africa. Megafauna on other continents did not. Thus, when Homo sapiens spread to these other continents, they brought their advances in hunting with them and used them on animals which had no idea what the fuck a human was.

They were all hunted to extinction in a short period of time before they had enough generations to adapt to life with the new superpredator.

>>2783183
Are you saying the woolly mammoth should have lived then because it could have traveled to Africa from America and mated with elephants?

This isn't a tough concept to grasp.
>>
>>2783183
non sequitur, why the fuck would that mean the woollies didn't get driven to extinction by us, also strawman, I was never stating that all megafauna went extinct rather that ones who didn't have time to adapt did. So the focus is on the animals in the americas where humans arrived late. A very large amount of megafauna did die out because of us.
>>
>>2783207
>>2783215
No anon, elephants are a part of the same Order as mammuts and other extinct elephants: Proboscidea.

Which essentially means there is not enough radical differences in species, for elephant to survive IF HUMANS EXTINCTED THE MAMMOTH.
Nevermind that extinction of megafauna generally happens roughly at the same time as major climate changes in the region.
I.e Sarcosuchus, Mosasaurus, Titanoboa, etc.

So for humans to have extincted megafauna, there needs to be real reasoning backed by archaeological evidence that holds water.
Not "Oh, we where there at the same time, must have KILLED THEM ALL"
>>
>>2783287
Same order is great and all but it doesn't mean shit if they're still living on different continents with different predators.

There is plenty of archaeological evidence to suggest humans killed the mammoths (cave paintings, skeletons, etc) are you trolling?
>>
>>2783287
This has to be bait, somebody can't actually believe that they being able to breed is more significant than habitat, diet or behavior
>>
>>2783148
It is a meme and your argument as to why zebras weren't domesticated is "because they knew about humans for too long" so save the fucktard description for yourself.

Megafauna died out in the americas because of dramatic environmental changes, not because hunter-gatherers were slaughtering them en mass with their primitive stone weapons. This is of course ignoring the even more blatantly obvious problem with that hypothesis, human population in relation to animals, which would have been so minuscule it wouldn't have mattered even if they were able to kill every large animal they ran across.

>>2783149
Because correlation does not equal causation for starters. We don't even really know when humans first showed up in the americas, every few years the date keeps getting pushed back and most of the earliest sites along the west coast have likely been lost to the ocean. We don't even definitively know how many animals have gone extinct in recorded human history let alone pre-history extinctions and their associated causes.

>>2783207
>Elephants evolved side by side with early humans and their ancestors in Africa. Megafauna on other continents did not. Thus, when Homo sapiens spread to these other continents, they brought their advances in hunting with them and used them on animals which had no idea what the fuck a human was.

How fast do you think evolution works? Animals can't evolve fast enough to keep up with human technology anywhere on earth.That's ridiculous.

>They were all hunted to extinction in a short period of time
The fossil record says otherwise. Humans and megafauna lived side by side for most of our pre-history.
>>
>>2782756
As with all things, the truth is in the middle.

He is not a historian. His views and opinions should not be accepted as fact or scholarly, as most normies do, which is a big part of why he catches all the flac.

However, it is a good starting point for someone trying to think about world history from a different vantage point or who is curious about the same questions he is trying to answer. The problem is when people read the book, stop there and consider themselves experts.

Also worth noting that I think it's important in this day and age on the sole grounds that it is a popular book that dismisses race being tied to intelligence in the field of genetics, which is a popular alt right opinion these days.
>>
>>2782781
Tamed=/domesticated you mong
>>
>>2783380

This.

Jared Diamond is right about everything.
>>
>>2783373
Didn't I just fucking give the example of the woolly mammoth? the one that was driven north because of climate change and which was then driven to siberia by humans? Don't claim to be an authority on a not yet settled debate, climate was a major distabilizing factor while humans were too, they were complimentary to each other in destroying megafauna in many cases. Climate vs humans here is still a thing but it is more and more likely that they were both responsible.
>>
>>2783380
>it is a popular book that dismisses race being tied to intelligence in the field of genetics
that is one of the book's many failings but why do you think it's noteworthy?
>>
>>2783369
It generally is, because you need radical changes if you live in a specialized species.
And generalist species are rare, i.e Crocodiles, Humans, Sharks, Cats.
>>
>>2783146
How did they know more would come
>>
>>2783419
>then driven to siberia by humans?
How would they do that? Humans have not been observed to chase longer than 18-24 days. Thats some 1400 miles.
>>
>>2783456
That is one of its accuracies.
>>
>>2783419
>Didn't I just fucking give the example of the woolly mammoth?

You responded to the other guy about that, but it doesn't matter because it's a weak af argument that you are only beating on because your original regarding domestication failing in africa because "the zebras knew about humans" is even more retarded.
>>
>>2783557
lmao
>>
>>2782756
>he explicitly says in the first 30 pages or so that he is not presuming to explain all of world history, or assert that his ideas are all right, and that things are much more complicated than he could cover in one book

>Haha you don't get it dude you can't criticize me I said this book had flaws!
>>
>>2783568
>thinking IQ is a good indicator of innate intelligence
lmao
>>
>>2782756
Its nothing but nigger excuses that have no merit in reality because they are constantly contradicted.

No surprise Jared is also a jew, it honestly pisses me off how sinister this race of humans are.
>>
>>2783579
pick any metric you like, school grades, SAT/ACT, income, crime prevalence, the numbers line up really well across the board
>>
>>2783373

Humans really did kill off all the Quaternary megafauna.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ecog.01566/abstract
>>
>>2783589
All of which are an indication of cultural circumstances and nothing more. Nurture > nature.
>>
File: whxgtj.jpg (137KB, 638x638px) Image search: [Google]
whxgtj.jpg
137KB, 638x638px
>>2783599
then compare equally rich whites and blacks
do the poorest whites have better cultural circumstances than the richest blacks?

also that's why IQ is preferred, the tests are less reliant on education or culture than the other factors
>>
>>2783599
Because matching shapes on an IQ test, something monkeys can do, isn't culturally neutral?
>>
>>2783596
>Unlabeled axes
>No argument that supports the idea
>No archaeological evidence
>>
>>2783373
You are fundamentally misunderstanding the point.

Elephants coexisted with humans since before we even split off from chimps. For every evolutionary step we took forward, they had a chance to take a step forward too and learn to coexist with us, the most important of which would be recognizing us as dangerous predators.

But when Homo sapiens left Africa, they had all those steps forward under their belt. Other animals had taken no evolutionary measures for coexisting with humans. And thus they were unable to adapt before they went extinct.

Such animals had survived or at least adapted to numerous ice ages and climate changes beforehand. You think it's coincidence that the one that killed them was the one that happened to be around when a new smart hunter came along?
>>
>>2783625
Income doesn't matter when you're still growing up in a society where you are looked down on as inferior. Look up the self fulfilling prophecy and stereotype threat in terms of psychology.
>>
>>2783599
>All of which are an indication of cultural circumstances and nothing more.

No it's not. Nurture matters, in fact it matters a lot, but IQ is biological to the core.

Deal with it.
>>
File: stereotypethreatbullshit.png (95KB, 771x815px) Image search: [Google]
stereotypethreatbullshit.png
95KB, 771x815px
>>2783663
stereotype threat is unverifiable bullshit and all the other excuses are unquantifiable and vague nonsense made up after the fact which fails to explain for example why the white-IQ gap is so stable both across time and space
if it was all culture you'd expect it to have narrowed significantly from the 50s and 60s and that it be different in Alabama than NY but that's not the case indicating the true cause is not caused by culture
>>
>>2783626
It's actually not. Hunter-gatherer societies don't even register the same optical illusions because exposure to simpler, more ordered shapes makes the way you process visual information different from the way of most humans that ever lived (surrounded by complex, messy environments without neat straight lines and perfect circles).
>>
>>2783678
Really funny how anonymous history buffs with no credentials whatsoever take it upon themselves to make sweeping generalizations based on outdated science when the overwhelming majority of the scientific community disagrees with them.

This whole thread reeks of /pol/, I thought racism wasn't allowed on this board?
>>
>>2783695
The overwhelming majority of the scientific community agrees with me that IQ is not a social construct.

If it was a social construct, literally everyone would be as smart as Einstein simply by having adequate nutrition and education during childhood and adolescence, and yet that's not even close to being the case.
>>
>>2783635

You're as blind as you are stupid.
>>
Why even bother? We whites won because we are better, simple.
>>
>>2783695
>the overwhelming majority of the scientific community disagrees with them
that's not the case though, there is no good consensus and no commonly accepted cause of the white-black IQ gap
only that it can't possibly be genetic because that would be r-racist despite there being no other coherent explanation
>>
>>2783725
Not him, but I wasn't talking about IQ in racial groups, I was simply talking about the concept of IQ to begin with.

Denying that some people are simply more intelligent than others by nature, is literally leftist groupthink.
>>
>>2783625
Are you that Brazilian from /int/?
>>
>>2783803
no but he sounds like a smart person
>>
>>2783709
>>2783725
>>2783739
Sure there are genetic differences between people, but all findings go back to there being more genetic diversity within groups than between groups. As in, there is a whole lot more difference between the average white dude (like you) and someone like Einstein than there is between you and the average black dude. Sorry to burst your superiority bubble
>>
>>2783885
are you retarded? nobody claimed any differently
>>
File: muhsocialconstruct.gif (56KB, 628x932px) Image search: [Google]
muhsocialconstruct.gif
56KB, 628x932px
>>2783885
>As in, there is a whole lot more difference between the average white dude (like you) and someone like Einstein than there is between you and the average black dude.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>2783908
So if you agree that the genetic differences between racial populations are so minute that they are neglible and matter no more than the difference between two people of the same race what are you even arguing?
>>
>>2783966
they're not "so minute that they are negligible"
the differences between Einstein and the average white guy is insane, so is the difference between a white mongoloid tard and the average white person

the difference between the average white and average black aren't as big as that but they are very noticeable and there are much fewer genius blacks and many more retards or semi retards

the implications are that blacks are significantly poorer than whites and in much fewer numbers in high positions in society because they are on average significantly more stupid (about 1 st. dev.) so there's nothing unusual or wrong with that
>>
>>2783966
>So if you agree that the genetic differences between racial populations are so minute that they are neglible
http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/114/25/2757
>>
>>2783990
All of you are fucking retarded, there is more genetic difference between you and a genius in Africa then you and some retard in Serbia.
>>
>>2783885
>As in, there is a whole lot more difference between the average white dude (like you) and someone like Einstein than there is between you and the average black dude.

That might be true, but you should say that instead of saying that IQ is a cultural construct, because that makes you look like an ignorant idiot.
>>
>>2783996
what's your point?
>>
>>2784008
There are no minute differences at all.
>>
>>2784016
you're retarded
the difference in black and white iq is about 1st. dev. which is a very non trivial difference
>>
>>2783567
It's not a weak nor mine argument, it's from national geographic
>>2783495
So what, they obviously didn't literally chase them to siberia, they fled
>>
>>2784025
This is about genetic difference not IQ difference and niggers have less brain volume, thats a consistent soft tissue difference that is evidence of a high degree of genetic distance from us white people.
>>
>>2784051
That's racist rhetoric, that is not allowed on /his/
>>
>>2784063
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>2784076
He's right though and the rule is enforced frequently.
>>27939
Mods have deleted even something like the vikangz meme
>>
>>2784089
that isn't racism though, you can look up brain volume - it's a well established fact africans have smaller brains than europeans and east asians larger
>>
Why is it okay to acknowledge that blacks will win every marathon due to genetics vut not that they just might not be as smart?
>>
>>2784089
Reddit is that way >>>>>
>>
>>2784112
So saying things that happen and are on the fucking sticky is Reddit. Everyone here has to act like a racist edgy nazi kid all the time or else you're from reddit. got it.
>>
>>2782788
Imagine if a hundred light skinned people you've never seen before ride in on fucking shorthaired non-retarded llamas and start summoning the power of thunder and smoke to smite the ever-living fuck out of the guy next to you.
>>
>>2784140
the sticky making janitors are redditors that has been known for a long time
>>
>>2784155
Wew I guess you should head to >>>/cripplechan/ since there's a hostile takeover.
>>
>>2784097
Ah yes, it is definitely not racist, especially since it was used to back up this innocent post >>2783990
>>
>>2783691
*citation needed
>>
>>2782781
taming is not the same as domesticating you fuckwhit

Humans still have not been able to fully domesticate bison even with 21st century technology, and we haven't domesticated zebras at all
>>
>>2782788
>He actually thinks the conquistadors conquered Mesoamerica on their own

amazing
>>
>>2784314
>even with 21st century technology
domestication takes hundreds or thousands of years of selective breeding
21st century technologies don't really help with that
>>
>>2784289
it's still just a fact though
so is the observed 15 point (1 st. dev.) difference in IQ
neither of these are debated by any credible scientist on the subject
>>
>>2784351
What he says, as he even says himself >>2784051 is not related to IQ at all, western world IQ used to be lower in previous decades, does that mean there are literally more geniuses now? No. So it is racist
>>
>>2784392
>does that mean there are literally more geniuses now? No. So it is racist
you're missing a few logical steps there buddy
>>
>>2784397
Genetically there is no reason why there would be
>>
>>2784089
Get the fuck out reddit
>>
>>2783035
both
>>
>Can someone explain to me why modern historians seem to hate it so much?

They're jelly.
>>
I don't understand the hate.
>>
Because historians are too used to academic texts and something without 200+ endnotes is bullshit. Need dem sources mane.

I enjoyed the book though because I read it for entertainment, not study. It's at least interesting, at worst misleading. But only people who can't think critically to begin with get mislead anyway, so it's not a problem for me.

tl;dr autism
>>
>>2783011
Will people judge me too much if I dress like that?
>>
>>2784392
African IQ is in the high 60s on average , there has yet to be a single point in European history where whites on average have been that fucking stupid.
>>
Jews cannot be trusted when writing about race issues, it's a matter to dear to them, so they lie deliberately.

Jared Diamond, Richard Lewontin, Stephen Jay Gould, they all lie to deny the relationship between race and intelligence, because they genuinely believe that if this is recognize, the next step is light up Treblinkla again.
>>
>>2784487
Oh but these same kikes will go on all about how Ashkenazi are the supreme breed of humanity. I fucking hate jews so much.
>>
>>2784481
How the fuck would you know that without the data?
>>
>>2784494
I dont think you realize the average white retard is only in the low 80s in tested IQ meaning even white imbeciles are still smarter than most africans on earth. African blacks are almost braindead based on their tested IQ, but they function the same way a stupid animal like say a dog functions despite being very mentally retarded compared to a human
>>
>>2784506
Yeah but you mean the white educated retard right? not the white without any education and shitty living conditions full of diseases. Do you think when whites lived as tribes they had high IQ too?
>>
>>2784481
Be careful brainlet, you're showing off your dismal reading comprehension, it was already established and established again in the post you quoted that this is not about IQ but racist actual genetical intelligence claims.
>>
>>2784524
>racist
facts are facts whether you like them or not
>>
>>2784518
>Do you think when whites lived as tribes they had high IQ too?
Yes far higher than negros probably the high 80s to low 90s at best(the current average IQ range of middle eastern humans). The nigger however has always been a severely retarded hominid.
>>
>>2784532
>>2784541
What a load of bullshit.
>>
Further evidence that this is a genetic traits of blacks, similar dismal IQ test are found in Papuans, and Aboriginals humans that are also known for their civilized feral behavior.
>>2784559
How is it bullshit? You probably dont have a fucking idea what an high 60 IQ even is based on what I am reading.
>>
>>2784532
>>2784534
Do you actually know what discussion you dropped into or are you such slobs that you don't even bother with the context before you make brainlet posts
>>
File: crymoar.png (28KB, 1357x800px) Image search: [Google]
crymoar.png
28KB, 1357x800px
How can whites have negro tier IQ if blacks genetically split from negros a long time ago and also live in an area of the globe that requires more than a 60 IQ(if you are a hominid) to live?

Explain why only 60 IQs are found in the black regions of Africa, Papua New Guinea and the natives of Australia?

The dumbest Eurasian humans score in the low 80s like Native Americans in both continents.
>>
>>2784566
wat
all I'm saying is bringing subjective nonsense like "racism" into a discussion on fact is worthless
>>
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2006/11/06/africa-is-filled-with-people-t/
>>
File: IMG_1210.jpg (71KB, 449x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1210.jpg
71KB, 449x350px
>>
>>2784579
Little do you know that this was about how racist rhetoric is actually banned on /his/ and the ban is enforced when you report it(as it was now by the based mod)
>>
>>2784592
Shut the fuck up already.

>RACIST RACIST RACIST
Seriously go to reddit if all you will do is name call people.
>>
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/fury-at-dna-pioneers-theory-africans-are-less-intelligent-than-westerners-394898.html
>>
>>2784592
the comment I replied to was >>2784524 who seemed to be dismissing any argument that the IQ gap has a genetic component and says something about actual intelligence as "racist"
either it is or it isn't, doesn't matter if you or anyone else thinks it's "racist" or not
>>
>>2784599
then go to cripplechan where you have a safespace for all your armchair psuedoscience, as the mods are clearly not on your side
>>
File: 1471992520881.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471992520881.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>2784612
>talks about others needing safespaces
>main argument is "mods delete what you say if it's bad"
>>
>>2784611
No I was just making fun of his reading comprehension, you're misunderstandimg comes from you not reading up on the context
>>
>>2784618
I read all the context, I've been in this thread for a long time
if that's not what you were saying you are simply bad at articulating your point
>>
>Researchers at the University of Amsterdam have actually discovered that the nicotine found in cigarettes enhances both learning and memory. Since learning and memory are key areas of loss in Alzheimer's patients, researchers tested nicotine patches on elderly people with Alzheimer's, and found that after regular doses, they were two times faster and significantly more consistent at answering memory-based questions than the control group.
http://www.cracked.com/article_19971_5-things-you-didnE28099t-know-could-make-you-smarter.html
>>
>>2784617
Yeah what's the problem? there's the door get out if you don't like this 'safespace'
>>
>>2784628
You get it now then? okay.
>>
>The citizens of the Third Reich were taking speed on a national scale; the German Army's Blitzkreig attack through France was only made possible through the widespread use of Methamphetamine by Wehrmacht soldiers; the Marshal of the Luftwaffe air force, Herman Goring, was a morphine addict; and Adolf Hitler, famous teetotaler and vegetarian, was in truth a hopeless junkie, his final days spent in trembling and sweating withdrawal, his arms covered in track marks, begging for another injection of the haphazard melange of vitamins, hormones, methamphetamine, oxycodone and sometimes morphine which had kept him functioning throughout the war.
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/hitler-nazis-secret-oxycodone-and-methamphetamine-addiction-w472234
>>
>>2784661
what are you on about?

>>2784640
you may be retarded anon
>>
>Three hundred years ago, during the Age of Enlightenment, the coffee house became the center of innovation.

>Back then, most people went from drinking beer to consuming coffee (i.e. from being tipsy to being wired) and ideas started exploding.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5538535
>>
>>2784671
you seem upset
>>
File: 121.png (216KB, 568x1023px) Image search: [Google]
121.png
216KB, 568x1023px
>>2784685
are you in the right thread m8?

>>2784686
pic
>>
>>2784695
if it means brainlets like you stop posting this psuedoscience then I'll gladly upset you every thread
>>
>>2784695
>fall for someone trolling you
>wow that's so pathetic, how could you even get enjoyment out of that, ughh
You lot sound so butthurt it's fucking glorius
>>
"Eurocentrism" is a term made up by a Marxist to discredit European history.
>>
>>2782756
>anglo-saxon author
>unbiased history
choose one
>>
File: catfuckshit.jpg (13KB, 252x212px) Image search: [Google]
catfuckshit.jpg
13KB, 252x212px
>>2783599
Without capitulating to /pol/ you should try and be objective enough to appreciate how ridiculous the notion of human equality actually is.
Ceteris paribus, populations will perform differently based on all sorts of things - gender, race, age, health etc.
You may say it's racist, it's not ridiculous however to suggest that there is something intrinsic about the inhabitants of the White/Western/Germanic world which has played a part in their dominance of the modern era.
>>2784969
Jared Diamond is Jewish, his book tries to attribute the assent of the west to anything and everything but european superiority.
He even spends pages fetishizing the neolithic tribes of PNG.
>>
>>2784462
Because he tries to explain European dominance without relying on race and instead relying on culture, geography, etc. Overall, a pretty good way of going about it. People always overstate the importance of race.
>>
>>2785091
uh, no, that's not it - why are you on this board if you know nothing about history?
modern historians don't give much credence to any explanation that involves "race" and tend to deny its relevance entirely yet the book was panned among actual historians
the reasons are mostly that he abstracts away huge differences in societies and culture and almost subscribes to a form of geographic determinism which is largely rejected
>>
>>2785112
I was talking about why it was hated on 4chan. I'll readily admit academics will have entirely different reasons for hating it.
>>
>>2783390
you are wrong about everything
>>
>>2783557
No, the book is the Meme of Memes.
>>
>>2784314
Farm near me has had a Bison herd for over 20 years. Same fences, no escapes.
You are summarily BTFO.
>>
>>2785076
This fetishzing is what bugged me the most.
>>
>>2785336
Not him, but I lived in Wyoming and there were Bison herds but that doesn't be mean that they're domesticated. At least nowhere near cows, dogs or horses. A bison won't pull a cart for you.
>>
>>2785336
Those were all part cow. All bison raised on ranches are part cattle, and it makes them more docile.
>>
Here's sort of a reply to the poor guy's question before all the flame wars started. Guns, Germs, and Steel wasn't terrible but wasn't great either. Check out Thomas Sowell's 3 books on this subject: Conquests and Cultures, Migrations and Cultures, and Race and Culture. Same general subject but much better done with lots more data to back it up. Jared Diamond seems amateurish by comparison. So one reason historians might not like is he is not that great. Another is politics. He admits European civilization is better which is not popular with the lefties. How much better? For an objective answer read Human Accomplishment by Charles Murray.
>>
>>2785091
The author implies that "those things" just happen to be there and make excuses forma the dominated and if you say something agaisnt you are a raicist

The thing is that when the white man throw superaids into the indians almost all of them died, then one comes to cuestion if they were evolutionary inferior, superiority doesnt start and ends up in race, thats an alt right meme.
>>
>>2782781
Taylor or Diamond?
>>
File: Xiuhcoatl Aztec Calendar.jpg (78KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
Xiuhcoatl Aztec Calendar.jpg
78KB, 500x494px
>>2782788
The thing is: If you repeat, repeat and repeat the core, you get a book where you can go anywhere and read a sub chapter. And the subchapter will contain all the needed information.
The 60 page essay on the other hand would be hard to read, since it would need to be read page by page, taking notes, and there might be no repeat to simplify reading.

Half of the books success is that it goes trough a broad topic, hits many of the targets in the topic, and its simple to read.
>>
>>2785933
Fogle.
>>
File: silver fox 5.jpg (129KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
silver fox 5.jpg
129KB, 640x640px
WILL JARED DIAMONDKEKS EVER RECOVER?
>>
>>2782839
Dingo only arrived a few thousand years ago. Way after abos
>>
>>2784314
Its more that we haven't really tried, for a lot of reasons.
>>
Is this the biggest book in the history of humanity? What the fuck is it with these threads? Make a fucking general if you think it's so interesting.
>>
>>2783383

How do you think domestication works, you thick twat? I'll give you a clue: First, you have to TAME them.
>>
>>2784334
Yes it does, it's called genetic engineering faggot.
>>
>>2789119

Please explain how genetic engineering helps to domesticate animals.
>>
>>2783695
>facts are racist
>>
>>2783885
Lewontin's fallacy anon. Look it up.
Thread posts: 175
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.