[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why didn't Hitler bomb the shit out of the east coast of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1485272657329.jpg (80KB, 607x340px) Image search: [Google]
1485272657329.jpg
80KB, 607x340px
why didn't Hitler bomb the shit out of the east coast of the USA during WW2? If Japan had the capabilities to bomb as far as Pearl Harbor, what why didn't a single bombing raid take place on America's east coast?
>>
>>2782430

Bombing Russians V Bombing Burgerland is this even a serious question. Hitler had no interest in Burgerland.
>>
>>2782444
This combined with the fact that they didn't have aircraft carriers. OP do you think the nips flew all the way from Japan to Hawaii?
>>
>>2782430
Tell me OP, what could Germany use in 1941 to bomb US East coast?
>>
>>2782513
Put bombs into bottles and hope that the sea currents will bring them to US
>>
>>2782430
>2017
>USA still has a persecution mentality
>>
>>2782430
Because the bombers couldn't reach america and return

Hitler tried to make a bomber that could "The AmerikaBomber project" but that failed miserably because it simply isn't doable to send a bomber aircraft across the atlantic and back.
>>
>>2782467
>OP do you think the nips flew all the way from Japan to Hawaii?

no, of course not. but they had Iceland and Greenland to set up bases at.

>This combined with the fact that they didn't have aircraft carriers

why not? they chose not to build them? this is my point-- why they choose to ignore the US after they entered the war?

Hitler was still in a pretty good position when the US entered the war... why not bomb the fuck out of NYC or something? Not a single bombing raid was attempted-- why?

You guys aren't answering my question, just asserting that they didn't like this guy >>2782444
I already KNOW Hitler had no interest in burgerland, obviously because they conducted zero bombing raids on them. The Q is WHY.
>>
>>2782551
So, Japan was more technologically advanced and industrially capable than Germany, since they were able to build the carriers necessary for bombing across the Pacific, but not Germany. Why?
>>
1. Germany didn't have aircraft carriers
2. Even if they did, Britain (with its formidable navy) is in the way
>>
>>2782569
so, Hitler could control the waters of the Norwegian Sea with his fleet during the Norwegian campaign, but he couldn't have sailed a couple aircraft carriers up past Scotland and over the North Atlantic?
>>
Where could they have possibly launched from?

They'd have been intercepted by the RAF from Europe and Africa.

Also good luck keeping an aircraft carrier afloat in the Atlantic when the RN and US Navy have it locked down.
>>
>>2782562
>no, of course not. but they had Iceland and Greenland to set up bases at.
Yes, I'm sure the British who controlled those islands would be just great with the Germans setting up aircraft bases there.

>why not? they chose not to build them? this is my point-- why they choose to ignore the US after they entered the war?
Because it takes about 2 years to build an aircraft carrier and they're expensive as hell to boot. Most of them with WW2 tech could carry somewhere between 40-70 planes, most of which are crap compared to land based planes. Then you'd have to get your carriers past England somehow, which is heavily patrolled by both sea and air, to get to the U.S. East Coast, which is ALSO heavily patrolled by sea and air, so you can launch a pinprick strike against something that's there, and probably lose all of your carriers in this insane expedition.

The entire idea is retarded to a degree that even Hitler wouldn't authorise.
>>
>>2782567
Jap tanks were useless though.
>>
>>2782576
>but he couldn't have sailed a couple aircraft carriers up past Scotland and over the North Atlantic?

That is correct.

There was a very large amount of ships going between America and Britain during the war. Even if they did somehow manage to sneak a few carriers through the Royal Navy's home fleet, they would have been spotted by one of the many, MANY other ships on the way there.

They'd have been chased down and placed at the bottom of the ocean in no time.

Also just to humor the idea further, lets say they start bombing the east coast of the US from those carriers, what happens then? The US now know what is happening and send a fleet from one direction while the Royal Navy is sent from the other. Go South?

The Germans now have nowhere to resupply and refuel since they can't sail back to Europe. Britain and the US both had blue water navies allowing them to basically change direction and go elsewhere if the shit hit the fan in an encounter. Germany didn't have anything like that.

It's just impossible.
>>
Embarrassing thread.
>>
They had a few proto-type bombers that were designed for trans-atlantic flight

Amerikabomber
>>
>>2782430
>>2782562
>>2782567
>>2782576
The fact that I don't know whether or not you're joking is proof that Wehraboos need to kys
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.