[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Roman Empire overrated? Does it get over glorified

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 14066145691857.jpg (80KB, 799x474px) Image search: [Google]
14066145691857.jpg
80KB, 799x474px
Was Roman Empire overrated?

Does it get over glorified due to Eurocentrism?
>>
>>2780711
No. The Han and the Roman empire were two of the greatest states to exist. We all know who is number 1 though [spoiler]the U.S.[/spoiler]
>>
File: angry bull.jpg (31KB, 365x352px) Image search: [Google]
angry bull.jpg
31KB, 365x352px
>>2780711
Don't you dare post an image from that steaming pile of garbage of a movie then ask that question.
>>
>>2780711
>Was Roman Empire overrated?
Depends on who is rating it. I would say no for the most part.
>Eurocentrism
probably but it had a massive direct effect on Western civilization unlike many of the other great empires.
>>
>>2780719
>The Han and the Roman empire

Achaemenid and Roman
>>
>>2780711
No, but the Roman Republic was better.
>>
>>2780711
No. Western civilization was build on the Romas basically.
>>
>>2780711
Yes it's overrated, but because of how many people who claimed to be it's successor not just because the west is the best
Also the fuck is that movie
>>
>>2780711
I don't think so, a lot of their technological advances are truly incredible, despite having an absolutely terrible system of government that led to top tier meme artists like Nero or Caracalla getting into power all the time, and bad civil wars every few generations they were remarkably stable and controlled a vast empire for centuries. Then they moved the capital away from Rome and the Empire was able to survive its own collapse for another thousand years.
>>
>>2780711
Overrated? In general?

In terms of culture, it didn't offer much OC, but it acted largely as a vehicle in preserving Greek civilization up until the middle ages and acts as the bridge between antiquity and modernity
>>
>>2780711
>Eurocentrism
Oh fuck off.
>>
>>2780711
Yes, but only because people think of the the modern era as rediscovering the Roman past instead of an evolution of medieval thought. Also, I honestly don't see an issue with some Eurocentrism from non professionals if they are from Europe.
>>
>>2780711
>Was Roman Empire overrated?
ambiguous
>Does it get over glorified due to Eurocentrism?
the Roman Empire had very limited contact with China so I'm not sure where eurocentrism comes in
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.