[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo can one of you niggas recommend me a solid WWII history book.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Reich.jpg (37KB, 322x500px) Image search: [Google]
Reich.jpg
37KB, 322x500px
Yo can one of you niggas recommend me a solid WWII history book.

I read The Rise And The Fall Of The Third Reich: A History of Nazi Germany in high school.

I looking for something of similar detail that spans all the countries involved.

Also figure I might start a /pol/ shitstorm. Alot of people around here on 4chan have been claiming alot of the holocaust is bullshit, any source on that, or is that just bullshit.
>>
>>2775968

The Kindly Ones by Jonathan Littel is amazing. Biography of someone part in the Einsatzkommando on the Eastern Front.

But it might not fit your /pol/ level ideology.
>>
>>2775968
What a shit thread. Don't post on this board ever again.
>>
>>2775976
I don't have a /pol/ level ideaology bro, just curious about all these claims I see on 4chan.
Also that book is fiction bro.

>>2775982
Yea don't talk about history on the history board, you're a fucking faggot
>>
So this board is basically /pol2.0/ with fucking retards like >>2775982 making worthless posts that have no meaning
>>
>>2775998

Fiction set in a non-fictional universe.

Whatever, your call.
>>
File: 22883359.jpg (122KB, 309x475px) Image search: [Google]
22883359.jpg
122KB, 309x475px
>>
>>2776592
Beevor is pretty good, his book on the Battle of Berlin is very interesting and even better if you start with Cornelius Ryans book on the same subject matter and then follow it up with Beevor.

The ones on Stalingrad and Ardennes are decent but can get a bit too focused on the small details and especially "Stalingrad" spends too much time describing the absolute horrid experiences of the common soldier.
Paints a great picture but it doesn't tell me how the battle was won.
>>
>>2775968
Richard Evans - The Third Reich at War
>>
>>2775976
>The Kindly Ones
That book is great.
>>
File: Capture+_2017-05-08-07-19-33.png (72KB, 1439x211px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-05-08-07-19-33.png
72KB, 1439x211px
>>2775976
Thanks for the recomendation my man.
>>
>>2775968

Part 1

Eisenhower, Dwight D. Crusade in Europe: A Personal Account of World War II (Doubleday & Company, Inc., Garden City, New York, 1948)

Eisenhower talked very little about what he thought about the Soviets during the war, but he wrote extensively about his visits to Moscow after the war. Likewise, he talks about his friendship with Georgy Zhukov.

Roosevelt, Franklin Delano and William Christian Bullitt, For the President, Personal and Secret: Correspondence Between Franklin D. Roosevelt and William C. Bullitt, ed. Orville H. Bullitt (Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1972)

Lee, Bruce, Marching Orders: The Untold Story of World War II (Crown Publishers, Inc., New York City, New York, 1995)

Cassella-Blackburn Michael, The Donkey, the Carrot, and the Club: William C. Bullitt and Soviet-American Relations, 1917-1948 (Westport, CT: Praeger, 2004)

Gilbert, Martin, Churchill and America (Free Press, New York City, New York, 2005)

Hardesty, Von and Ilya Grinberg, Red Phoenix Rising: The Soviet Air Force in World War II (Lawrence, KS: University Press of Kansas, 2012)
>>
>>2777655

Part 2

Jonathan W. Jordan, Brothers Rivals Victors: Eisenhower, Patton, Bradley and the Partnership that Drove the Allied Conquest in Europe (Penguin Books, New York City, New York, 2011)

Meyers, David, FDR’s Ambassadors and the Diplomacy of Crisis (Cambridge, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press, 2013)

Miner, Steven Merritt, Stalin’s Holy War: Religion, Nationalism, and Alliance Politics, 1941-1945 (Chapel Hill, North Carolina and London, United Kingdom: University of North Carolina Press, 2003)

Pleshakov, Constantine, Stalin’s Folly: The Tragic First Ten Days of WWII on the Eastern Front (Houghton Miflin Company, New York City, New York, 2005)

Smelser, Ronald and Edward J. Davies II, The Myth of the Eastern Front: The Nazi-Soviet War in American Pop Culture (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom, 2008)

Snyder, Timothy, Bloodlands: Europe Between Hitler and Stalin (New York City, NY: Basic Books, 2010)
>>
File: Woeful_second_world_war_cover.jpg (40KB, 324x500px) Image search: [Google]
Woeful_second_world_war_cover.jpg
40KB, 324x500px
>>
read Evans, Kershaw, Browning, Fest and Schleunes
>>
Shirer or Evans?
>>
Shirer is shit. Full of mistakes and lies . He talks about Hitler not mentioning Poland in his reply to roosevelt 1939 and he does. He talks about lampshades seriously. Etc.

Toland is much better.
>>
>>2775968
Churchill's War - David Irving
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.