[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In your opinion, what is the ideal age in the West to move away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

In your opinion, what is the ideal age in the West to move away from your parents and begin your own household? Is the current model sustainable? Is your model sustainable?
>>
what do you mean current model
there is no current model
>>
>>
>>2775453
22-23

its all about how comfortable and your financial standing. I have some friends who are well off and still live with their parents because theyre next in line to "own" the family home
>>
>>2775453
Right now? About 35. Ideally? 14-16.
>>
>>2775453

I never understood this part of US culture, why does everyone hate their parents so much? In Singapore it's normal and totally acceptable to live with your parents until you are married. Why move out and be on your own when you could live with the people who care most about you?
>>
>>2775558
Supposedly in Europe it's the same, they live with parents basically until they get married, which could be in their 30s

but a Yuro will have to weigh in on that for the real truth
>>
>>2775536
This anon gets it

It's tempting to move out as soon as you physically can because of the glamourizing of independence and getting out from under the yoke of your parents' rules, but 22-23 is enough time to figure your shit out post-high school and not fuck it up
>>
>>2775574
We usually rent an apartment with friends when we go to college, then figure shit out as things progress. It depends on many things such as number of family members and budget.
>>
>>2775453
unless you're in the upper echelons in terms of IQ, that model is obsolete now for most people
>>
>>2775453
As soon as you get a job, which should be as soon as you are educated for one, which you should start as soon as you leave highschool.
>>
>>2775558
alot of families in the US are fractured, so alot of kids want to escape their problems by moving away too early
>>
In wealthier countries it would seem to be earlier than in poor ones. Traditionally people inherited the family house though.

>>2775490
>>2775536
It's kind of hypocritical to treat people like children until they reach the legally ordained age of adulthood and then suddenly dust one's hands from them overnight. The transition to adulthood should be gradual and begin like it has traditionally in other cultures like at the bar mitzvah, with some degree of civil duty and responsibility in law.
>>
>>2775453
Ideal? 18
Ideal for best possible outcome in todays world? 22-24
>>
>>2775739
Move out immediately after college?
Late 20's to early 30's is often more likely if you're still single.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>2775658
>Your sister moved out son, it's time for you to move out too. It's time for your momma and I to walk around the house butt naked if we want to.
https://youtu.be/NxJvFO9onps
>>
>>2775453
When you graduate and/or get a job that's not minimum wage.
>>
>>2775453
Is that the American football house?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.