[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Roman Empire would have been perfect had it continued

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: b 1025.jpg (328KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
b 1025.jpg
328KB, 1920x1080px
The Roman Empire would have been perfect had it continued to look like this.
>>
>>2775179
*Byzantine
>>
File: rome peaks and dips.png (192KB, 1038x985px) Image search: [Google]
rome peaks and dips.png
192KB, 1038x985px
WHERE DID I GO WRONG
I LOST A FRIEND
>>
>>2775179
>Roman
>>
Stop calling Byzantine Roman.

It's Roman Junior
>>
>>2775198
>>2775194
>>2775205

>Roman Empire loses territory
>most of it is backwater territory
>HURR DURR IT'S NO LONGER THE ROMAN EMPIRE

Good job being a 18th century pendant.
>>
>>2775197
Theodosius dying too young. Can't fault him for naming his sons emperors, because he didn't intend to die at 48. The Empire didn't need a 17yo and a 10yo "ruling" it, because it led to a lot of behind the scenes court/military conflicts that pulled resources and troops away from where they were needed: keeping Goths in line so that the Eastern troops could continue to defend the borders against Persia.
>>
>>2775179
too greek, doomed for failure
>>
>>2775179
Ahh, where are the Romans in that picture?
>>
>>2775255
>Doomed for failure
>Defended Christendom for 1000 years while getting constantly betrayed by Snow Niggers, slavs, Bulgars Venitians, and the Pope.

Rome was too good for Europe.
>>
>>2775237

>empire no longer holds Rome
>empire that doesn't have an ethnic and cultural group corresponding to the people of Rome that founded and expanded it
>>
>>2775237
>Dad : Andrew Robert
>Son: Andrew Rober Jr
>I'm my daddy
>>
>>2775259
>Rome was too good for Europe.
Anything too good to exist doesnt deserve to exist.
>>
>>2775259
I agree anon in all honesty. Europe betrayed Rome and stole from it as needed to survive on its own. If Europe wanted to it could have reunited under an Empire.

Alas Europe has no Emperor, Europe need no Emperor.
>>
>>2775351
>empire no longer holds Rome
The imperial capital and the Emperor officially moved from Rome to Costantinople anyway. Rome was at the mercy of barbarian raiders anyway.
>empire that doesn't have an ethnic and cultural group corresponding to the people of Rome that founded and expanded it
>Implying that hadn't been the case since forever at that point, even when the Empire was run from Rome
>Implying the Eastern, Greek half of the Empire was more culturally distanced from "Rome" than whoever ran Rome at that point
>>
>>2775351
>Empire that long ago made every freeman citizens of Rome
>Empire where ethnic Romans/Italians have settled in Greece, Thrace, Anatolia, Syria, etc
Romans stopped being ethnically Romans a long time before the loss of the western territories.
>>
>>2775179
Add in Venice and Aleppo and it would've been super comfy
>>
File: 1700-56a041c35f9b58eba4af8f73.jpg (65KB, 700x580px) Image search: [Google]
1700-56a041c35f9b58eba4af8f73.jpg
65KB, 700x580px
>>2775179
pic related is the best and most aesthetic roman border
>>
>>2777036
>Roaches
>Roman
I think you mean Roachman border
>>
>>2777096
thats the roman empire though?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.