[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all-black fraternity on my college campus boasts Egyptian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: businesscat.jpg (16KB, 329x500px) Image search: [Google]
businesscat.jpg
16KB, 329x500px
>all-black fraternity on my college campus boasts Egyptian pharaohs as their kin

I'm confused. I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but what's up with that? Weren't there leaders like Shaka Zulu that held a high status in sub-Saharan Africa? Why not use him as an icon? Is Egypt claimed as kinship just because it's part of Africa?
>>
Unsuccessful civilizations tend to request recognition of minor attributes they did in successful ones.

For instance; Dr. Who going out of its way to show us how much Africans built up the British empire, instead of showing us the African empires of western and Eastern Africa.

There were no doubt, many Africans who contributed to the stregth of the British empire; but they show a greater desire to have their contributions to that recognized, rather than their own mighty civilizations.
>>
It's because it's the only part of Africa that the average person has a vague historical awareness of. Educating people takes work so they piggyback on top of what people already know.
>>
>>2773302

So why not honor the individual Africans who contributed so much to other civilizations?
>>
same reason why whitey believe jesus wuz white
>>
>>2773307
I don't work for the BBC

Only my girlfriend does xddd
>>
>>2773308
Artistic depictions of Jesus traditionally take after the society of the artist. Asians portray Jesus as being Asian, Africans depict him as being African, Europeans depict him as being European. There's nothing wrong with this.

A more comparable example would be the people in the 1970s who claimed that whites built Great Zimbabwe.
>>
bc theyre fuckin stupid and think african=egyptioan
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.