[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a bigger underdog than the crusaders? From

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_2086.jpg (246KB, 800x562px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2086.jpg
246KB, 800x562px
Has there ever been a bigger underdog than the crusaders? From Jerusalem to Malta to the Baltics to Constantinopel, they would not quit.
>>
File: Saladin And The Saracens-26.jpg (500KB, 1200x1611px) Image search: [Google]
Saladin And The Saracens-26.jpg
500KB, 1200x1611px
>>2771729
>Underdog.
Nope.jpg

The Muslim world was literally in a state of turmoil following the Seljuk Invasion and the Fatimid Revolution. The Abbasid Caliphate existed in paper but their writ now barely extended past Baghdad/Iraq. The Middle East was split into competing powers between the declining Abbasids, the Seljuks (most prominent in Iraq and the Rum), and the Fatimids in Egypt. In the middle of all this was Syria and the Levant, whose Emirs were virtually independent city-states backing some of the three or going independent. Add to this shitpot are the continuous streams of Central Asian invaders and Byzantium's never-ending war with the Seljuks in Anatolia.

There was no unified force resisting the Crusaders. Really the difficulty that they had was they were in hostile and inhospitable territory.
>>
File: stalin and lenin.jpg (128KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
stalin and lenin.jpg
128KB, 500x375px
Arguably, bolsheviks.
>>
>>2771729
>Baltic Crusade.
>Crusaders were underdpfffahahahahaha!
>>
File: 1458745841246.jpg (729KB, 1701x2005px) Image search: [Google]
1458745841246.jpg
729KB, 1701x2005px
>>2771729
Greece vs Persia.
France 1792-1802.
Steamships vs Clippers.
>>
>>2771729
Muslims.

Seriously before they even conquered Arabia then Muhammad was a target for most of the other Arab tribes and most of his early followers were slaves that got beaten/killed by their masters for following him.
>>
File: thisisnt.jpg (29KB, 451x374px) Image search: [Google]
thisisnt.jpg
29KB, 451x374px
I dreamt i was with my ex again

wew
>>
>>2771756
But they weren't in a hostile and inhospitable territory. There was a massive population of native Christians and willing Muslim allies, along with access to Italian dominated sea lanes and Byzantine contact, and their lands were rich with farm and trade revenue.
>>
>>2771905

wew wrong thread as well, gotta drink coffee before i post
>>
File: kek.jpg (54KB, 846x480px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
54KB, 846x480px
>>2771729

I can never understand why the Crusaders fought so badly and were defeated so easily.

Can someone explain it to me?
>>
>>2771907
There was that bit when they were approaching jerusalem that they were diseased and starving.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.