[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there a reason Israel returned the Sinai Peninsula besides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: sinai.jpg (71KB, 450x480px)
sinai.jpg
71KB, 450x480px
Was there a reason Israel returned the Sinai Peninsula besides geopolitical good boy points?
>>
Strategically it's a decent buffer zone between them and Africa. As well as Egypt.
>>
>>2769024
It was useless desert and economic drain on them.
>>
>>2769047
True. Even today the only industry in the area is tourism
>>
>>2769024
they didnt wanna spend valuable man power patrolling a useless desert.
>>
>>2769024
Palestinians and people native to that little region are technically egyptian. My grandpa was dark with silky dark wavy hair. He looked latino. North of palestine that area is historically mixed with greek and anatolians.
>>
>>2769059
and terrorism.
>>
>>2769024
What are they gonna use it for? Modern Israel plays a tight game of demographics, politically they just want a majority of Jews throughout all of historical Palestine. Keeping the Sinai would just be adding a whole other group of Arabs to subdue, and no Zionists are going to want to live outside the homeland.
>>
>>2769059
>>2769526
Don't forget human trafficking and a black market for human organs
>>
File: IMG_1170.jpg (228KB, 922x966px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1170.jpg
228KB, 922x966px
From the words of the founder of Zionism himself.
>>
Total control over oil
>>
>>2769631
I spit on his name, my boy in Berlin should have finished the job
>>
>>2769633

There is no oil in Sinai.
>>
1. To breake the arab coalition and refusal to acknowledge Israel by making peace with the strongest arab state
2. Sinai was always meant to be a buffer zone. The peace agreement demilitarised it so in case of war it will need to be crossed by enemy forcess so sneak attak would be impossible and the battle would take place somewhere in the middle. Therefore returning it didn't undermine security to much
3. To support the American effort to bring Egypt from the Soviet camp to the Western side of the cold war. Sinai was their condition for that.
4. To allow renewal of suez canal sailing
>>
>>2769631
Gonna need a source on that because this is very inconsistent with his other political stances while being similar to arab conspiracy theories.
>>
>>2769065
>>2769047
That's what most of Israel was back in the day, useless desert wasteland.
>>
>>2771351
I think that was the land promised to Abraham.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.