[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most unlucky president of all time? >only in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: President Harry Truman.jpg (164KB, 1200x1516px) Image search: [Google]
President Harry Truman.jpg
164KB, 1200x1516px
Is this the most unlucky president of all time?

>only in the White House because of being Vice President
>become President because Roosevelt died.
>learn that your country was developing nuclear weapons only after taking oath of office
>try to win a war against an enemy that wouldn't give up
>decide nuclear weapon is the best option
>become the only person in history to use nuclear weapons as an act of aggression.
>have to do it twice because Japs are autistic
>>
>>2767758
Not even close.
>>
I think Carter had it worse
>>
>>2767758
There are some who would consider getting shot a bit more unlucky.
>>
File: 1486115430469.png (629KB, 648x581px) Image search: [Google]
1486115430469.png
629KB, 648x581px
>>2767758
Becomes president without being elected.

HOW UNLUCKY.
>>
>>2767758
He is in top 3 presidents for me.
He was dealt a crappy hand in a game he didn't want to play and managed to win not because he played an ace, but because a 2 would do.
>>
>>2767800
no, Ford had it worse

>was never elected, he was appointed to replace Angew and be Nixon's VP.
>Nixon bails out
>ford has to cover for Nixon and has a hostile democrat congress
>ford sees south vietnam fall and can do nothing about it
>>
>>2767758
I would think that Garfield is a shoe-in for the most unlucky president of all time.
>Be shot, not even by a political adversary, but by some psycho who thought you owed him a government job
>Wound is serious, but probably not fatal
>Doctors are so egregiously incompetent trying to find the bullet and all the exploratory surgery they do that they give you an infection that kills you.
>>
>>2768882
you know when you hear about this you wonder if the conspiracy fags aren't right.
Not only do the guy who shoot you happen to be insane so none will believe his fairy tales about contractors, your doctors just happen to be so incompetent you got no chance of survival.
>>
He got to preside over a strong post-war economy and got re-elected despite all the polls saying otherwise, seems like he was pretty fucking lucky even with Korea.

>>2768882
I feel bad for Garfield and Harding
>>
Omitting Garfield & WHH who, Franklin Pierce was irrevocably emotionally ruined when their train derailed on their way to Washington D.C. killing his 11 year old son and throwing him and his wife into a state of depression that hung over him for the rest of his life.
>>
File: buck nasty great granddaddy.jpg (27KB, 428x477px) Image search: [Google]
buck nasty great granddaddy.jpg
27KB, 428x477px
>>2769321
Man, mid-1800's presidents had it the worst

>Buchanan aspired to be a president who would rank in history with George Washington.[1] His inability to address the sharply divided pro-slavery and anti-slavery partisans with a unifying principle on the brink of the Civil War has led to his consistent ranking by historians as one of the worst presidents in American history. Historians who participated in a 2006 survey voted his failure to deal with secession the worst presidential mistake ever made.[2]
>>
Lincoln literally inherited a civil war. Buchanan himself told him "Sir, if you are as happy in entering the White House as I shall feel on returning to Wheatland, you are a happy man indeed" when he left office, basically saying "good luck with this shit, sucker". Hard to get dealt a worse hand than that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.