/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the average person get depressed or have existential crises

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6545.png (8KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6545.png
8KB, 193x261px
Did the average person get depressed or have existential crises before our time?

Did a medieval serf wonder what he was doing with his life?
>>
>>2764664
The average peasant was probably too tired to think very hard about things, plus they were ISIS tier religious fanatics
>>
>>2764664
they had all the questions answered by the church

now we know its crap for the most part, which makes our lives look meaningless
>>
>>2764703

Haha yeah, I'm sure glad I have 80+ years of meaningless existence to look forward to. What would we do without (((philosophy)))?

At least we get the iPhone lol!
>>
>>2764670
>plus they were ISIS tier religious fanatics
Do you think all of Catholic and Orthodox Europe were the fucking puritans?
>>
>>2764664
Your life was pretty much that out for you at Birth depending on who your parents were. If your father was a farmer then you were a farmer. That's it. It was no changing careers or Social Mobility, you were born, lived and died in the exact same social station. Nothing much to look forward to but an eventual death. You were never going to be rich, you were never going to get ahead, you would always be subservient to your lord and you had no say in politics, religion or anything really.

You did what you were told and you lived to see another dreary, tedious day. Every day until the day you died.
>>
>>2764734
The same is true now. Despite that, people in medieval times could take risky ventures. Especially in the city, which was governed by elected merchants and guildsmen.
>>
>>2764723
we know philosophy cures nothing

religion is definite and assuring , you knew in the old days 100% that god was watching you

in philosophy immediately after a new line of thinking is established everyone start tearing it apart
>>
>>2764727
Burn at the stake heretic!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.