[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did all those past civilizations look at shit like lightning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: elderypepe.png (77KB, 491x541px) Image search: [Google]
elderypepe.png
77KB, 491x541px
Why did all those past civilizations look at shit like lightning or the moon on a regular basis but never harnessed electricity or invented space rockets? Were ancient people like modern down syndrome people?
>>
Merely my opinion, but I think they lacked the motivation to persevere if the technology brought no immediate benefit.

So for a long time electricity or steam power were curiosities with no real-world application.
>>
>>2763924
Why don't you have a solar and hydrogen powered space colony which harvests materials from the asteroid belt?

Are you... a down syndrome person?
>>
>>2763924
Why do you spend your day looking at and posting variations of a meme frog but never done anything interesting with the information available to you?
>>
>>2763990
>>2764013
Fuck you faggot asses. the fuck have you done? Atleast I'm an ex-navy seele that was trained in GORILLA WARFARE.
>>
>>2764025
Asymmetric kinetic warfare is for plebs. So easy that children can do it.

It's all about social viruses, language dialectics and advanced memetics and the study of thoughtforms as independent entities that persist outside of their hosts.

Do you even egregore you silly normie?>>2764025
>>
Dumb question, but I answer anyway.

They didn't have tools. Some did try to fly to moon, for instance, one chinese guy around 1600 put a pile rockets under his chair. After smoke cleared they never a piece of him, just a pile garbage, so he probably succeeded...

And they did capture electricity in the bottle after they found it could be created with friction. Then they inventented way to move it. rest is history...

It just takes time, with thousand small steps
>>
>>2764025
Kek this is the only good post in this thread
>>
>>2763924

Because you severely underestimate just how much other shit had to be developed in your society to make a lightbulb.

I'm sure there have been people throughout history who thought about the randomly appearing, bright, hair shaped spirits that pinched them would make a good source of light.

How the fuck do you that?

Eventually society got so good it allowed NEETS to appear. Finally one could create a battery, metal wire, and an airtight glass container, and some text explaining the nature of the bright blue hair spirits.

But the really amazing part was when one NEET found he could light some shit on fire with the above mentioned. Then he asked himself,

"I wonder, what if there exists a material which could give off light whilst not instantly disintigrating into flames?"

Yep, there was no anime to jerk off to, so this NEET ran current through random shit until he discovered carbonized bamboo.

Finally the first light bulb was made, which would later use tungsten because bamboo darkened the inside of the bulb.

Tldr;
The jump between telephone->smartphone is small, fire->lightbulb YUUUGE
>>
>>2763924
>older civilizations had to some how turn fire into harvesting oil anadgoing to the moon
Bad bait
>>
>>2764062
>>2766251
Fucking this. OP couldn't even cook his own food, let alone produce fire, let alone invent electricity if he went back in time.
>>
>>2763924
Current electricity(the shit that powers your technology) barely occurs in nature moron.

Infact it took a long time before humans even discovered chemical energy.
Since there us no concept of electricity then lightning is a godly phenonenon because thats the only explanation.
>>
>>2766354

>barely occurs in nature
>calls others moron

what are your synapses firing? is the real question
>>
>>2763924

*I* don't even understand electricity. I seriously don't understand how a lightbulb actually works and I graduated college. So I can understand why past people couldn't do it. Just seeing lightning doesn't mean much. I mean, it's like not lightning is obviously a power source or that it can obviously be harnassed.
>>
youre right op. didnt they know you just click the icon and pay some resource and you tech up?
>>
>>2763924
Because you unironically need to have a class of people try to justify God existing in a semi-logical way for hundreds of years before using the same logic for the natural world. Theology(the abrahamic variant) was the first stop to developing what the modern materialist trash call the scientific method.
>>
>>2766412

>*I* don't even understand electricity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity
>>
>>2766409
I meant what is observable dumbass.
>>
>>2766412
Electricity is just a form of energy transfer that works with virtually anything in the universe due to the electromagnetic fundamental force.
>>
>>2768052

Sure you did.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.