[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about new seven wonders list? Did they deserve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 7-wonders-of-the-world.jpg (294KB, 1600x960px) Image search: [Google]
7-wonders-of-the-world.jpg
294KB, 1600x960px
What do you think about new seven wonders list? Did they deserve their status? Were the old ones overhyped?
>>
>>2763523
Jesus snd Machu Pichu don't deserve it
>>
>>2763529

What would you recommend instead?
>>
POO
>>
>>2763586
Hagia Sophia and Moai
>>
>>2763586
Terracota Warriors and Notre Dame
>>
>>2763629

Why Moai over Machu Pichu?
>>
>>2763629
>Moai

Lol Jared Diamond detected. Go away Jared
>>
>>2763629

I'd be willing to switch Christ the Redeemer for the Hagia Sophia but I find Mach Picchu more interesting/awe inspiring than the Moai.

>>2763635

Good suggestions as well.
>>
>>2763605
IN
>>
I don't think the very modern Christ should be with the others.
>>
Have you ever seen the Christ in person? It's breathtaking on the very top of a mountain overlooking all the land of one the most beautiful places ever in Rio Brazil
>>
>>2763523
>A big easily constructed modern idolatrous jesus is considered on the same level as Machu pichu or the Colosseum
sad
>>
Why are their new wonders, because most of the old ones are beyond destroyed and lost, as if they were just more shit written by Plato?
>>
>>2763523
>Great Pyramid of Giza not on the list
What a fucking joke.
>>
why is there a modern hue shit there
>>
>>2763738
same can be said about the colosseum yet nobody denies the huge influence of rome
>>
>>2763742
thats in the list of the original 7 wonders, genius
>>
>>2763629
>Hagia Sophia
This
>Moai
Lol, nvm, go away John Green
>>
File: mount_rushmore_south_dakota-wide.jpg (870KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mount_rushmore_south_dakota-wide.jpg
870KB, 1920x1200px
Swap Coliseum for this.
>>
Chichen Itza is a good one, but might as well include all of Teotihaucan over shit like a fucking statue from the 20s.
>>
>>2763754
nobody outside burgerland cares about the three stooges and a special guest carved into a rock of middle america
>>
>>2763748
Why do we need new ones, except as replacements for the 6 destroyed wonders on the original list?
>>
File: 196xwjzo89vv9jpg.jpg (56KB, 800x417px) Image search: [Google]
196xwjzo89vv9jpg.jpg
56KB, 800x417px
Christ isn't even the biggest one.
>>
>>2763704
>brazil
>a beautiful place
>>
>>2763763
all in all this was an overhyped commercial stunt to get gibs from countries that wanted their own wonder to be on the list but the concept itself isn't bad because it's interesting to think about whats out there that isnt like you said destroyed wonders of antiquity
>>
>>2763523
Is Petra really that special compared to the hundreds of Indian temples that are intricately carved into ancient lava flows?
Machu Pichu is only impressive because its an isolated hill, the Jesus Statue is just ridiculous, is it impressive? not in the modern era it isn't
>>
>>2763767
it is partially about the setting, fool
>>
>the Sphinx of Giza
>Luxor
>Borobudur
>Angkor Wat
>Hagia Sophia
>Eiffel Tower
>Golden Gate
And they pick the fucking Brazilian Jesus?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.