[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Put aside you're muh communism, muh capitalism, muh whatever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1394025658432.gif (3MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1394025658432.gif
3MB, 300x168px
Put aside you're muh communism, muh capitalism, muh whatever ideology.

Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe individual liberty only works on a small scale (talking millions)?
Could it be that liberal ideas (free speech, freedom of expression,rights to privacy, exc.) only work for a small growing nation, and start to fail the more and more people you have?
And that large nations in terms of population like india and china NEED to restrict rights and freedoms just for the entire nation to function?
I'm legit asking.
>>
No.

If you have freedom of speech, press etc, but not freedom of rule (dictatorship), then you have a problem. People will express their discontent through revolution in the end.

If you have freedom of speech, press etc, but also have freedom of rule (democracy) then there is no problem. People express their discontent for voting for another party, even a total outsider like Trump.
>>
File: 1405534386115.jpg (79KB, 570x608px) Image search: [Google]
1405534386115.jpg
79KB, 570x608px
>>2763132
I'm not disagreeing with anything you are saying. I'm just talking about forming a nation not governing an existing one.

>People will express their discontent through revolution in the end.
The revolution happened. You now have a billion Chinese without government.
What I don't see is way to form a new government around those ideas when you have so many people all with different ideas. Everyone did not all just agree to communism, Mao suppressed anyone who disagreed and that created a nation.

It only worked in the U.S. because you only had a small group of people, representing small groups of people who could all agree on common ideas. The country grew around what agreed on and continues to grow. I don't see it working in the large scale when you already have a fully grown nation needing a new government.
>>
File: n8896ggqz11.jpg (34KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
n8896ggqz11.jpg
34KB, 500x501px
>>2763111
>Nations function
Like all the dozens of autocratic states throughout history that have functioned more effectively?
>>
File: 1421879296016.jpg (400KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1421879296016.jpg
400KB, 1280x720px
>>2763204
Care to list some?
I'd like to know more.

also
>wanting to start a discussion
>BAIT! BAIT! BAIT! THIS IS BAIT!
>>
>>2763132
>but also have freedom of rule (democracy)
Then you're ruled by a lie and the truth is drowned out, money is power in Washington.
>>
>>2763168
The issue there is you have two very different development paths. The US and Europe matured over time, not without conflict but at a slow rate.

China, India and Russia on the other hand found themselves as medieval backwaters and had to rapidly boost themselves into the modern age and play catch up, and you can't do that without massive social upheaval, millions of deaths and an oppressive dictatorship. If these nations became liberal democracies at first they'd just be slowly plodding along, well behind.
>>
>>2763262
I don't live in the US, US democracy is very corrupt.
>>
>>2763247
Care to list some?
no
>>
>>2763271
Where do you live that money doesn't buy influence?
>>
>>2763276
I'm British, our democracy still has corruption, all do, but it's nothing like the US. For starters you vote for the party not the candidate and secondly big corporations struggle to influence the elections when both our major parties are fucking them over in different ways.
>>
>>2763284
How free is someone born in the lower class of British society and how much freedom of speech are they afforded to shine light on their situation?
>>
>>2763297
You can say pretty much anything in Britain short of explicit racism or threats to other people. They can get attention by protesting or whatever they want as long as it isn't too disruptive.

/pol/ likes to post those news articles where someone got arrested for a tweet, but actually those tweets are always a threat to another person or hate speech. I personally think even hate speech is fine but it's not exactly hard to avoid, you can entirely express your opinion without screaming FUCKING NIGGERS

People also like to say how unfree we are, but Britain and the west is the most free place on earth.
>>
>>2763325
If you're not free to kill yourself wrecking a moped without a helmet you're not free.
>>
>>2763333
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB_0uikwb00
>>
>>2763273
>visits History & Humanities board
>does not want to discuss History & Humanities
huh.
>>
File: 1432953970121[1].jpg (52KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1432953970121[1].jpg
52KB, 720x960px
>>2763325
>Britain and the west is the most free place on earth.
Unless you want to cut you're food.
>>
>>2763346
But thats a dollar sign

This shit isnt real anyway, people move the sign from actual knives and take a picture, and it was a big deal in the early 2000s when stabbing crimes were really high.
>>
>>2763111
Obviously you have to restric the freedoms of the individual for a group of them to function as a society.

But there's a wide gap between the general libertarian approach of "freedom until it infringes on another person's freedom" and authoritarian top down societies.

Of course, at least in theory, such a system could be more efficient (if you'd be able to somehow predict the efficient top down methods to be taken and define "efficient" in a satisfying manner), but so far the more individualistic societies have proven to be more successful in terms of staying power, I'd wager through the method of incremental optimisation, which is something that's lost in a top down system.
>>
>>2763337
How does the kid know that his irresponsible dad wouldn't have burned the house down with everyone in it?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.