[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say in a Conventional war scenario in the year 1981

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Let's say in a Conventional war scenario in the year 1981 during the Cold War, the US/NATO and USSR/Pac went to war, could NATO have been able to go on the offensive and could the Pac have actually pushed NATO back?
>>
USSR collapses five days into the war.
>>
>>2759801

well memed
>>
>>2759801
this, Poland, Czechoslovakia and Hungary would all flip to NATO or just stop fighting all together. Neither would want to fight for the USSR or communism. The 3 countries populations felt oppressed and viewed the Russians as occupiers, not liberators.

iirc there was a purge in the early 80s in both Hungary and Romania because there were a large number of enlisted men and NCO's who belonged to underground liberation movements
>>
File: 1360198556334.jpg (182KB, 464x580px) Image search: [Google]
1360198556334.jpg
182KB, 464x580px
>mfw Reagan probably would have rushed the F-117 into emergency service
>mfw imagining Soviet generals reacting to burger space magic destroying all of their command and control

To be frank, NATO would have been on the back foot.
>>
>>2759791
the first few months would be nuclear bombs targeting each other. And while in hiding, the two powers would try to come to terms depending on the amount of damage done to either side, I'd say the US might try and make terms first.
There would be revolutions by the survivors, governments overthrow, complete and total anarchy.

But if Nukes weren't used? then this>>2759801
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.