[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would have happened if Hitler had accepted Stalin's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7673.jpg (28KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7673.jpg
28KB, 512x287px
What would have happened if Hitler had accepted Stalin's peace offers in 1943 to return to status quo antebellum?
>>
>>2759301
For starters, he no longer has enough food production in his empire to keep everyone even at starvation level, so it's real bad; I somehow doubt Stalin would be willing to export him grain anymore even if they did go to peace.
>>
>>2759301

This seems to be relatively new scholarship, since Stalin did sign the UN declaration of no separate peace with the US and UK.

Is there a solid source that Stalin sent a serious peace offer in 1943 and not just grumbling to Roosevelt that he might seek a separate peace if the Americans were any slower with opening a second front.

On all accounts, the tide had solidly turned in 43 and things were not going in Germany's favor.
>>
>>2759301
>Stalin's peace offers in 1943
Do you have any actual source? The German army was on full retreat by 1943 so it seems unlikely.
>>
>>2759358
>full retreat by 1943

You're legitimately retarded. Please don't ever post here again.
>>
>>2759362
Their last offensive was the Kursk offensive and that failed. They never attacked the Soviets again. Only defended and retreated.
>>
>>2759301
In the biography written about Canaris that I read, it does say that Germany was actually interested in peace between Manstein's recapture of Kharkov and the beginning of Kursk. It does state though that they had peace feelers out more towards the UK, though there was a Russian spy working in the British spy department that put a kibosh on it. Most likely if Germany had made peace with the west (probably by giving back France), Russia would have sued for peace as well since Germany could direct all of their efforts there. Then again after Kursk it was all academic.

Not vouching that what I read was accurate, just that's what I read.
>>
>>2759370
Not him, but that's not quite true. They had a couple of counteroffensives, and their last one ever was against the Soviets in 1945, at Lake Balaton. They never did regain the initiative though.
>>
>>2759370
>by 1943

Except that implies that were on full retreat at the start of 1943

The sixth army hasn't even surrendered yet by the start of 1943
>>
Peace offers were intentional rumors set to inject dissent in German soliders.
>>
File: IMG_5229.png (220KB, 1280x1094px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5229.png
220KB, 1280x1094px
>>2759301
Stalin would have found out that Hitler occasionally pooped himself.
>>
>>2759740
>Shitler
>>
>>2759301
>>
>>2759421
no major offensives after kursk only minor ones.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.