[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is your historical knowledge vast enough to tie multiple centers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1000 ad.jpg (779KB, 3240x1903px) Image search: [Google]
1000 ad.jpg
779KB, 3240x1903px
Is your historical knowledge vast enough to tie multiple centers of civilization together?

Most here are probably knowledgeable about European cultures, Europeans had most contact with Arabic culture. Are you able to link both cultures's history together fluently?

What about Arab's history with African's history? Or Arab with India. Or Europe with central asian steppe tribes. Or the Steppe tribes with Arabs or Chinese? Or the Indians with SEA and the SEA with China?

How close are you to unifying your historical knowledge into a global history?
>>
>>2755588

Eat my dick faggot.
>>
I can link cultures together through the silk road and know China and Rome traded with each other. I know Hellenism greatly shaped the Middle East and North India.
>>
>>2755588
Pretty far dude. I only know European and history (except the eraly middle ages) and maybe a little bit Arabian/North African. I would love to learn a bit more about Persia or India but I can't find a good way online
>>
>>2755588
I can, but to be honest, most of the regions were more or less isolated most of the time. I.e. you can learn about the European History without having any knowledge of Africa or even the Middle East at the time, and vice versa. Global history starts in the 16th century.
>>
>>2755588
I know what you mean OP. When you get really deep into history all the little connections and butterflies become innumerable.
>>
>>2756889
You can't really have most regions be isolated.

All regions have neighbors with exception being the Americas. Even then, Americas have their own history which is bit unrecorded and fuzzy right now. And the neighbors have other neighbors and so on.

The Xiongnu for example pushed the Yeuzhi westward and Yeuzhi pushed into Bactria to become Kushans, who pushed the Parthians. Parthians were pushing Romans, etc

The empire, the country's policies are inevitably linked towards one another.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.