[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has any Catholic, in defense of the Filioque, been able to rebut

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (4KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 261x193px
Has any Catholic, in defense of the Filioque, been able to rebut Mystagogy of the Holy Spirit, by Photius? If the Spirit is produced by the Father's essence (the Catholic position, hence the Filioque), rather than his person (as the Orthodox maintain), then the Spirit would procede from himself (unless his essence is not the Father's)
>>
>>2753699
Why dont you ask on a Catholic apologetics forum rather than making a post here every day about the filioque?

I think we both know your probably not going to find someone who is both Catholic and familiar with that text here.
>>
>>2753724
Because it's Constantine, who feels compelled to showcase Eastern Orthodoxy on a Sudanese fish slapping forum. Anywhere you don't have a culture of anonymity, his annoying pretentiousness will quickly make him a pariah.
>>
>>2753724
Well, you don't have to have read the work to get the premise, which I iterated in the OP. In fact, because it is both exhaustingly polemical and academic, you're probably better off with just the premise. And I was mainly asking for works that rebut it, rather than for Catholics here to.
>>
>>2753699
The Holy Spirit is a person.
He is not a force, not an emanation, not an essence.
He is a person.
You need to meet him.
Doubly so if you're that tranny Constantine.
>>
>>2753807
He is a person who emenates
>>
>>2753807
Where does the Bible say the Spirit is a person?
>>
>>2753699
Anselm argued that the Holy Spirit arises from the love between Father and Son. It is what results of two positives - both giving. The son is a principle of the Father through cause, and it is from both that the Holy Spirit is a derivative. That does not mean it originates from two people. It originates from a relationship. In that way it is essential that they remain separate, both begetting the spirit, which makes them God. He was arguing with Nicetas, who was determined to lead Anselm into Photius' argument as a means of trapping him.
>>
>>2753971
Isn't the Father's and Son's love, equally the Spirit's love?
>>
>>2754126
Yes. The spirit is pure love, a gift from both Father and Son. The two imply the Spirit, which is breathed out by both.
>>
>>2753699
If orthodoxy is true then how come God didn't protect Constantinople? Refute that.
>>
>>2754417
Christian destiny is to suffer, just as our Lord suffered.
>>
I like to think of the three persons of the one trinity like the three particles of the atom :^)

The hard part is finding which person should be which particle.
>>
>>2753807
>He
Why would you assume xir gender?
>>
>>2754285
The Spirit is love in person, or love in essence?
>>
>>2754417
Russian Orthodox of the time said it was punishment for the emperor signing an agreement of unification with and under the Pope (which he did)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.