[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were Arabs and Turks more successful than Persians at conquering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0245.png (11KB, 259x173px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0245.png
11KB, 259x173px
Why were Arabs and Turks more successful than Persians at conquering Roman lands?
>>
File: Persian Glory.jpg (71KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
Persian Glory.jpg
71KB, 500x354px
Persians were civilised people who fought honourably, the barbarous Arabs and Turks are not.
>>
>>2752476
Arabs came after the Romans and Persians had beaten the shit out of each other.

Turks were early pioneers of gunpowder.
>>
>>2752476
>Why did two exhausted empires lose territory to a third power which was fresh?
>>
>>2752494
>Arabs came after the Romans and Persians had beaten the shit out of each other

Did Allah will it?
>>
>>2752485
t. reza ahmadi
>>
>le both empires were exhausted meme

Niggers they still fielded more soldiers than the arabs especially at the start.
And the turks were steppe people so yeah they rekt some shit.
>>
>>2752814
t. Al-hakim

>>2753058
No they didn't.

End of the Byzantine-Sassanid War had both sides barely scrapping together 10,000+ men for the final battle. How the fuck would the Persians alone have hundreds of thousands of men 8 years later? Especially in the seven years before that there were constant civil wars for the throne and a plague wiped out over half of Persia's entire western population?
>>
>>2752476
Because Egypt and Syria practically opened the gates for the Arabs since the Byzantines were such shitty rulers.
>>
>>2753093
Why didn't they open the gates for the Persians?
>>
>>2753132
Because Persians were heathens, while Islam wasn't even considered a new religion, but rather an Arabic, antitrinitarian version of Christianity.
>>
>>2753140
>I have no idea what I'm talking about
The Persians were still peacefully occupying Byzantine-Egypt a year after the war had officially concluded between Heraclius and Kadavh II.
>>
>>2753132
To my knowledge, the shitty lives for the natives didn't start until the last wars between the Byzantines and Persians, where the Byzantines had to heavily tax their provinces to make up for the losses. Muslims came along with a cheaper tax (jizya) and promised protection. That and the Egyptians at least already had an established relationship with the Arabs. It was an ideal choice than sticking with two decadent empires.
>>
>>2752814
t. cletus strain
>>
>>2753210
I don't think you know what "decadent" means.
>>
>>2752686
About as much as Allah wills a water stain leaking into a tissue.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.