[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need someone who can speak Gallish to translate something for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Celts_Warriors01_full.jpg (42KB, 525x340px) Image search: [Google]
Celts_Warriors01_full.jpg
42KB, 525x340px
I need someone who can speak Gallish to translate something for me

"I am the last standing of the tribe"

i'm getting dwi statws olaf o lwyth from google translate but when i re translate it gives me
I final status of the tribe

i want it to say last standing not final status

thank you
>>
Dude Gaulish has been extinct for 1500 years
>>
i tried putting in "i am the last one standing of the tribe" but it gives me "dwi yn yr un sefyllfa olaf o lwyth" which re translates to "I'm in the same position last of the tribe"
>>
>>2750960
haha i figured it out

Rwy'n yr olaf o lwyth
>>
>>2750956
immi sistants tigus toutās
>>
>>2750979
>>2750969
>>2750956
That's Welsh, not Gaulish. They're very distantly related languages. It would be like using Danish when you meant to use English.

For example, the Gaulish word for tribe was (not is, since the language is extinct) "luct", while the Welsh word for tribe is "llwyth". You can see that the two words are related but they're quite different.
>>
>>2751031
ohhh ok welsh is good enough then

do you speak gaulish?
can you translate for me

I'm the last of the tribe
Love is my light and my motivation
Hated by all, submitted to none
>>
>>2751035
Nobody speaks Gaulish anymore, the last speaker died in the 6th century. Hobbyists, linguists and historians have tried to reconstruct it but we know so little about it that it's very hard to.

>I'm the last of the tribe
>Love is my light and my motivation
>Hated by all, submitted to none

I'm pretty sure out of all of those the only words we're certain of are "I/my", "tribe", "and" and "light", which would be "mi", "lucht", "etic" and "lugus".
>>
>>2751031
Thats interesting. In Irish the word 'lucht' is used to denote any set of people connected by some common characteristic. For example an audience is 'lucht féachanna' which is roughly 'group of watchers'. I suppose its impossible to tell how closely the two Celtic languages would have been, but thats interesting at least.
>>
>>2750956
You're a huge fucking nerd
>>
Hol up I'll call Asterix
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.