[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many people do you think go on /his/? And what ways

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 447951.png (2MB, 9996x6000px) Image search: [Google]
447951.png
2MB, 9996x6000px
How many people do you think go on /his/? And what ways would you improve it?
>>
about hundred autists from various places
>/pol/
>/k/
>/v/
>/int/
>>
>>2745830
Some of us are also from /tg/.
>>
>And what ways would you improve it?
It'd be nice if people here actually read.

Given how little books are referenced and how meme-tier a lot of the historical analysis are I'm guessing most people here get their history knowledge from wikipedia, /pol/, cracked etc.
>>
>>2745848
Even on /lit/ people don't actually read
>>
>>2745848
>It'd be nice if people here actually read.
this, but people can't bother spending more than 10 minutes in a row doing the same thing

just got back into it the past few months, and Im studying history in uni in the fall, gonna have a preddy gud time
>>
>>2745848
>>2745863

Any good book suggestions? And perhaps maybe we should start a /hislit/ or /lithis/ general for suggestions and discussions about books?
>>
File: 1476362140579.png (10KB, 215x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476362140579.png
10KB, 215x200px
>How many people do you think go on /his/?
We get about 20 new threads and 300 new replies every hour.

It's a pretty small board I guess. By contrast /pol/ has 225 new threads and 7500 new replies every hour.

I remember Moot saying something like 90% of the people who browse 4chan never post and only lurk so by that logic /his/ probably has around a few thousand people browsing at any one time.

>And what ways would you improve it?
The reason that /r/AskHistorians is so much better than /his/ is because they have great moderation that ensures anyone who doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about doesn't get a platform to spew bullshit.

Obviously /his/ is a lot more fun, so there should be a way to tag your thread as "Serious replies only" if you're asking a question that you genuinely want an answer to, and any response that's just a meme or a bullshit response without a source to back it up gets deleted. But we'd need more monitors and janitors for that, so probably not going to happen.
>>
>>2745869
>>2745869
I'm hardly an intellectual but I have read a decent amount. I'll put together some /his/ reading charts/lists over the next few days.
>>
>>2745883

Interesting, do you mind sharing where you got the statistics for that comparison?

>>2745885

Very well and that'd be neat, thanks.
>>
>>2745883
/his/ has just the right amount of users. Not too slow but not too fast either. Threads with actual discussions are able to stay for a few days.

big boards like /pol/ or /v/ are virtually unbrowsable, everything moves too fast.
>>
>>2745869
one's I've read in the past few months are
>Caesar Against the Celts - Jiminez
partially an analysis of The Gallic Wars by Caesar, adding fact and occasionally disproving embellishments of his accomplishments, more than that a thorough look at Caesar's military campaigns in gaulic territory and britain
>Great Britain & The Empire: A Discursive History - James A Williamson
A pretty top tier introduction into the history of britain, going back to the first migration to post war britain in only ~200 pages
>Everyday Life In Ottoman Turkey - Raphaela Lewis
a thorough look into the customs, classes, gender roles, religion, and military of the Ottoman Empire and most specifically Istanbul
>John Cabot: The Discovery of Newfoundland - Bernard Fardy
A great book on John Cabot and the discovery of newfoundland, along with the first viking explorers who set foot here

I'm currently reading a series of books on greece printed by the Folio Society, seems pretty ok
>>
Bumping this for discussion about /his/ and for the people just getting up.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.