[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can /his/ tell me about Babyonia? Also very keen in Babylon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 713331.jpg (154KB, 1000x550px) Image search: [Google]
713331.jpg
154KB, 1000x550px
What can /his/ tell me about Babyonia? Also very keen in Babylon and the tower of Babel.
>>
>Tower of Babel

Christian meme
>>
>>2743151
Literally all their women whored themselves out.

t. absolutely objective and unbiased Greek
>>
>>2743151
>tower of Babel
That was Eridu.

Linguistically I like to think of Sumerians and Akkadians as being the parents to Babylon (Amorites) and Assyrians.

>>2743428
> Greek
You know, that was a derogatory term used by Latins.
>>
>>2743665
Why didn't the Babylonians like the Assyrians continued their identity existed as an ethnic group well beyond the ancient period and into modern day?
>>
>>2743679
They did, they're called Jews.
>>
File: IMG_0846.png (126KB, 537x483px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0846.png
126KB, 537x483px
>>2743151
>Tower of babel
>>
>>2743684
Today's Jews are from Khazaria. Even if that's true, they did not continue the culture of their ancestors.
>>
>>2743665
Sumerian is a language isolate. Although it imparted some features to akkadian due the the sharing of cuneiform, it is not genetically related to either of them
>>
What would you like to. Random facts like about how they had ice warehouses and finding leaves and poop in the ice was such a problem that they wrote about it or religious aspects.
>>
>>2743765
>genetically
How the hell can a language be genetically related? What I said was accurate. Akkadian married into Sumerian. Everyone from the Akkadians to the Indo European Hittites used the Sumerian cuneiform script.

So what I said was accurate.
>>
>>2743817
You'd be wrong as akkadian and Assyrian are semitic languages and Sumerian isn't. The only thing linking them is loan words and a shared writing system stemming from old pre flood Sumerian hieroglyphs
>>
>>2743851

You're a fucking retard. End of story.

> disputants deserve to be punished
>>
>>2743151
The ancient city of Babylon is being fully restored to its ancient glory, beginning with Saddam, and ending with the annexation of the 104 acre US embassy an hour's ride away.

Satan's seat will move from Rome to Babylon, as it was in the old days.

Daily Reminder that Babylon means To Rebel.
>>
>>2743701
Is this a popular leddit image? Do you think it is popular here?
>>
>>2743874
No that's you trying to claim that the languages are similar because of the writing styles
>>
File: Enkidu and Gilgamesh.jpg (65KB, 422x522px) Image search: [Google]
Enkidu and Gilgamesh.jpg
65KB, 422x522px
>>2743894

Akkadians would not have settled down from their nomadic ways if the Sumerians had not influenced them, so Akkadian language would not even exist without Sumerian influence. That is what I call a marriage, that is; Akkadians learned to write and live settled lifestyles from the Sumerians.
>>
>>2743880
Nice tin foil you got there.
>>
>>2743911
You mean the writing. They weren't speaking in clicks
>>
When bronze age kings wrote letters to each other they referred to each other as father and son. The more powerful king being called father. There were 4 kings that were allowed to refer to each other on equal terms and they were the Hittite king the pharoh of Egypt the king of Assyria and the king of mycenae. The last one was stripped of the right after he antagonized the Hittites too much
>>
>>2743937
Surprised us too, when we rolled up on it.
>>
>>2743992
stop speaking nonsense. either talk about history or fuck off.
>>
>>2743151
>tower of Babel

Is a polemical parallel to Deuteronomy 32:8 in which YHWH divided the nations and put them in the hands of his divine being and choosing Jacob as his allotted inheritance to reclaim the nations through the kingdom of Israel. Even the name Babel is a polemic mockery of the word Babylon.
>>
>>2743151
Eternally cucked by the Assyrians to the north
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.