[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a civilisation or nation-state in history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7585.jpg (36KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7585.jpg
36KB, 511x288px
Has there ever been a civilisation or nation-state in history or modern times where pre-marital sex was actively discouraged and not widely practiced?
>>
Most of them

Despite liberal revisionists, most civilized people scorned fornication
>>
>>2739724
Almost every nation discouraged it and they all practiced it
>>
>>2739724
All of them did and it was only after the advent of "the pill" and the whole "sexual revolution" that this changed.
>>
>>2739763
so much for morals
>>
>>2739761
>>2739780
Nah.

In East Asia, it was ok so long as it was a whore, you didn't do it to excess, and you're not married, and you're a man.
>>
>>2739841
[citation needed]
>>
>>2739763
this
>>
>>2739843
Confucianism is primarily a social philosophy. It only gave a fig about sex in terms of "once you're married, do it only with your wife, and shun bastard children."

Although Taoists heavily valued virginity (like, Eternal Virginity) since Orgasm was some sort of depletion of Qi for them.

Prostitution was pretty legal in China, Korea, and Japan, as opposed to the "it's bad, but it happens" treatment the Muslims and Christians gave it.
>>
>>2739893
>the "it's bad, but it happens" treatment the Muslims and Christians gave it.
Sure sucks when your religious dogmas regarding sexuality do not conform with human nature and hence get ignored all the time.
>>
>>2739904
Middle Eastern Muslims seem to do it admirably.

Except that it leads to degeneracies such as fucking goats/young boys since "lol, not female, is ok."
>>
>>2739904
Pastoralists everywhere fucked there animals, lots still do

The boy fucking is a cultural thing from pre-islamic times and is pretty similar to ancient greek ideas about it
>>
It's a lot easier to not have pre-marital sex when you get married at like 14. If I don't get married until I'm in my late twenties am I supposed to be a monk that whole time? No and neither will any chick. We're animals, our base desires influence the majority of our decision making.
>>
>>2739893
Pre-marital sex was never banned in Islam. It was permissible for Muslim men to have sex with/rape slave women, and Muhammad himself had a child with his sex slave.
>>
>>2739724
In the vast majority of civilisations since reliable means of contraception were not yet a thing.
>>
>>2739893
That's an interesting looking citation
>>
>>2739893
[citation needed]
>>
>>2739968
stone age men likely did it.
>>
>>2741454
>It's a lot easier to not have pre-marital sex when you get married at like 14
There was never a population in which the average man or woman got married at 14.
>>
File: IMG_1605.jpg (170KB, 948x1017px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1605.jpg
170KB, 948x1017px
>>2742758
This wasn't just for shits and giggles. Also the Age to marry in the Roman Empire was 12 for girls, 14 for boys.
>>
>>2739724
The Papal State, duhh
>>
>>2742758
Except the Aztecs, Egyptians, Romans, Medieval Europe east of the Hajnal line, Pacific Islanders from New Zealand to Hawaii... and others too numerous to mention, because it's hasn't been at all uncommon historically to marry at the onset of puberty, especially for females.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.