[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did roving bands of paleolithic hunter gatherers avoid inbreeding?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
How did roving bands of paleolithic hunter gatherers avoid inbreeding? Shall this mystery ever be solved? Was being a sister fucking degenerate in 100,000 BC simply a fact of life?
>>
>>2739516
political alliances via marriage between different bands and rape
>>
>>2739516
They were probably closer together than you think
The average huntergatherer, according to this 100% accurate source that i have meticulously checked, would need about 10sq miles, or 6400 acres of land to survive, or far less, like 1.5 miles in more fertile areas, being able to navigate these distances really helps, i found an article awhile back that talked about navigation specifically, but i cant find it.

http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/how-much-land-does-it-take-to-be-self-reliant/
>>
>>2739516
You really need to get out of your head the ancient man or non-agriculturalist were savages or had no notions of alliance or potential inbreeding "blocks"

They can be extremely complex too, just look into Skin Groups.
>>
>>2739516
>degenerate
>at the dawn of humanity
>when they had no higher culture to "degrade" from
Stop using this meme word to mean "things I don't like."
>>
>>2739563
This is stupid and so general it's useless.
>>
>>2739579
Nice criticism
>>
File: raid.jpg (52KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
raid.jpg
52KB, 500x333px
I would think warfare had a purpose, taking the other tribes women must of been high up on the list. I also think think that one woman more then likely was a 'breeder'. Then after she birth some men and those men grew up, the tribe had taken in other women from some tribe they had fought with, one of these women is taken in as the 'breeder' and the cycle continues.
>>
>>2739516
>ywn fuck your sister as a loincloth wearing paleolithic backwards savage
Why even live?
>>
>>2739594
>strict military caste
>men all of one mother but unknown father
>>
Many tribes in north america had a practice of forced adoption, a combination of actual slavery and actual adoption.
The tribe would knock you out, tie you up, than force you to do all their grunt work or else you'd get fucked up. Eventually, you got given a new name and full tribal rights, which you of course use to knock people the fuck out and make them do you your grunt work. That is unless another tribe didn't sneak up at night, knock you the fuck out, and make you do their grunt work, in which case the timer basically resets on you.
>>
>>2740379
They did this with prisoners of war to replace casualties. Often they'd enslave someone until death, but the children of the slave were full members of the tribe.
>>
>>2739516
>avoid
>implying
>>
>>2740393
The jesuits reported the hurons and Iroquoian tribes doing it purely temporarily, even for adult slaves. This, of course, excludes the latter stages of the conflict between the two groups, where extermination seemed to be the order of the day.
I suppose it depended on what your tribe was like and what your neighbours were like.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.