[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If his voyages weren't defunded, could China have discovered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2586.jpg (16KB, 187x269px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2586.jpg
16KB, 187x269px
If his voyages weren't defunded, could China have discovered the Americas before Spain did?
>>
>>2738693
No there was no real incentive to go that way. Also the Pacific would.have been much harder to cross than the Atlantic.
>>
Am I just supposed to know who this grainy photo of a statue respresents
>>
>>2738764
Zheng He
>>
>>2738759
The Polynesians didn't have much problem doing it.
>>
>>2738693
No, they would have died from scurvy senpai
>>
Pretty sure they did in 1421. Just reading about in a book I got.
>>
>>2738786
The Polynesians were expert sailors who paddled to Madagascar in fucking canoes. The Chinese lacked the knowhow to cross large sections of open ocean. If you look at any of Zheng He's voyages the fleet is never more than a week away from the coast.
>>
>>2738804
>They could have colonized it if they didn't defund him
>>
No.

He would have sailed up to Suez and contacted Europeans, though.

Chinese Socotra in 1420 is not impossible.
>>
>>2738786
That was a process that took hundreds of years
>>
Daily reminder that the Chinese were dumbasses who built all of their ships with flat bottoms because they rarely sailed outside of their own rivers.

>I have no idea if this is a meme or actual history
>>
>>2738693

it wouldnt have made a difference if china discovered the americas, they were going isolationist as fuck.
>>
>>2738870
It's a maymay.

The Chinese used ocean going junks for trade with Japan.

>>2739000

Their isolationism is due to the natural borders of China itself. No culture stays isolationist if there is an easy venue of expansion. That said, America is too far away for the Chinese to think of colonizing. The pacific be huge yo.
>>
>>2738693
Not really, since his voyages were aimed at the Indian Ocean, not the Pacific.
>>
>>2738823
It still awesome how freaking good at navigating the sea the Polynesian people were.
>>
>>2738804

What book?
>>
File: images.jpg (36KB, 386x600px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
36KB, 386x600px
>>2739267
Bought at a charity sale in the history section.
Seems pretty airtight.
>>
>>2738786
They had outrigger canoes that could withstand the harsh conditions of the Pacific, also they still didn't reach the Americas unless you count Hawaii.
>>
>>2739294
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Menzies#1421:_The_Year_China_Discovered_the_World
>>
>>2739294
Menzies is a hack and his works are all wishful pseudohistory.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.