[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why/When did Kings/Royalty stopped dressing up with regalia that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

Why/When did Kings/Royalty stopped dressing up with regalia that would differentiate them (and set them apart) and start dressing like normal people?

I know that this escalated a lot after the latest revolutions and depositions of monarchs, but I feel that this was already happening before.

For instance, if you imagine an ancient king or a medieval king they would be dressed in a really special manner which would instantaneously tell anyone that they were the guys in charge. On the other hand, Renaissance, Modern and even Contemporary monarchs dressed like anyone around them (think pic related, ww1 monarchs on their military inspired uniforms and the Spanish royal family, respectively).

Why was that?

pic related: if it wasn't for his position on the painting, and the obvious bowing, you wouldn't be able to tell which one was the king just by his attire. Perhaps if you were really knowledgeable you could tell this based on some detail on his clothing or whatever, but there's no clear distinction (like a crown, for example).

Sorry for the broken English.
>>
>>2732822

>Why/When did Kings/Royalty stopped dressing up with regalia that would differentiate them (and set them apart) and start dressing like normal people?

Never?
>>
>>2732822

Notice that in pic related the King, the guy bowing, and the guy wearing blue on the bottom left of the picture are all wearing almost the same clothes, the difference is mainly the colors.
>>
File: queen-elizabeth-ii.jpg (2MB, 3500x2903px) Image search: [Google]
queen-elizabeth-ii.jpg
2MB, 3500x2903px
>>2732822

>Why/When did Kings/Royalty stopped dressing up with regalia that would differentiate them (and set them apart) and start dressing like normal people?

I don't think that ever happened.
>>
File: eurocopa-2012-3.jpg (2MB, 4474x2983px) Image search: [Google]
eurocopa-2012-3.jpg
2MB, 4474x2983px
>>2732835
>>2732829

You'll at least have to admit that its not so obvious as it once was.
>>
>>2732848

A better answer would be cars/aircraft. You don't have tons of extra room in a car/plane like you do in a horse-drawn carriage.
>>
>>2732822
Most likely when people started to ask serious questions about their usefulness.
>>
File: 7.05730794.jpg (3MB, 2175x3600px) Image search: [Google]
7.05730794.jpg
3MB, 2175x3600px
>>2732848
Christ they are too qt
>>
>>2732848
I never realized as a (Spanish) child, but holly shit it's amazing how borbonic Juan Carlos' fucking face is.
>>
>>2732877

... they're royalty. Luggage space is a non-issue when they have a convoy following their every move.
>>
>>2732822
20th century. contributions: end of the belle epoque, brands like chanel established themselves and their new designs became standard among the elites.
least, absolute monarchies ended and nobility became too 19th century. the capitalists won
>>
>>2732877
hahahaha

so you're telling me that kings stopped wearing crowns because they wouldn't fit in a car
hahahah

are you for real son
>>
>>2732822
Because suits were still identifiable as smart
>>
>>2732822
Double whammy of meme democracy and meme nationalism.

Anything that castrates a monarchy are usually caused by either or both of the two.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.