[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>my professor says obelisks are meant to be phalic symbols

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: download (16).jpg (8KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
download (16).jpg
8KB, 183x275px
>my professor says obelisks are meant to be phalic symbols
What did she mean by this?
>>
That he deems them to be reminiscent of cocks.
>>
Egyptians loved phallic symbols, so she's probably right.
>>
>>2729251
He meant nothing, he stated the obvious. Who cares.
>>
>>2729271
But isn't tall stuff just tall for the sake of it?

The higher you build something, the more unstable it is. Therefore, couldn't it be said that they were more like engineering marvels?
>>
>>2729251

It means she's a moron. The Egyptians loved cocks, but when they wanted to portray a cock, there was no doubting that it was a cock. Obelisks aren't meant to be cocks, they're more like billboards designed for maximum writable surface area.
>>
File: IMG_0147.jpg (36KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0147.jpg
36KB, 443x332px
She's probably an armchair psychologist that thinks that every slightly oblong shape is phallic, but in this particular case she would be correct, although not for the reasons she supposes.

>Geb is the husband of Nut, the sky or visible daytime and nightly firmament, the son of the earlier primordial elements Tefnut (moisture) and Shu ('emptiness'), and the father to the four lesser gods of the system – Osiris, Seth, Isis and Nephthys. In this context, Geb was believed to have originally been engaged with Nut and had to be separated from her by Shu, god of the air.[3] Consequently, in mythological depictions, Geb was shown as a man reclining, sometimes with his phallus still pointed towards Nut.
>>
>>2729251
tell your professor that if he stands up he looks like a phallic symbol too and nobody makes a big deal out of it.
>>
>>2729251
Shes just horny and craves egyptian D. It's clouding her mind.
>>
>>2729301
My goal is to always have my phallus near nut.
>>
>>2729319
>Why Standing up Reinforces the Patriarchy: An Anthropological Dissertation
>>
>>2729301
if i remember correctly i read somewhere that in the koran it says that you shouldnt make the heaven female and the earth male or something to that effect
it was probably referencing this
>>
>>2729251
What other way is there to display skill in architecture? Make a symbol for a vagina? Like just dig a hole?
>>
>>2729292
Yeah, but that's like the entire concept of possessing the phallus.
>>
File: download (17).jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (17).jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>2729301
>that bbc
>>
>>2729427
>Yeah, but that's like the entire concept of possessing the phallus.
What did YOU mean by this?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.