[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth >80% of the population

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

>Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
>80% of the population weren't Poles or Lithuanians
>nothing in common
>no wealth
>>
>>2729153
who were the rest of the population?
I thought Poles were a pretty substantial chunk of the population
>>
>>2729156
Well there was a pretty good chunk of Poles but a lot of the population were Russians/Ukrainians, or at least what we would now call those people.

It's probably more comparable to something like the Holy Roman Empire, where you had a pretty even distribution of West Slavs, Italians, Germans, and Low Landers, rather than something like Ptolomeic Egypt where it was ruled by an extremely tiny minority of the population

But I think this is supposed to be a
>
>
>
thread
>>
File: Election.jpg (117KB, 800x507px) Image search: [Google]
Election.jpg
117KB, 800x507px
>>2729153

>80% of the population weren't Poles or Lithuanians

You were Pole if you spoke Polish, you were Lithuanian if you lived in Great Duchy of Lithuania, this is how it worked back then.

>nothing in common
religion and enemies for example

>no wealth
>implying
>>
>>2729153
>no wealth
>>
>>2729153
>I apply Nation-State models on bonafide Monarchies.
K
>>
>>2729265
>You were Pole if you spoke Polish

I guess Muhammed is a German as long as he can shit out a butchered sentence in an incomprehensible accent. You have a small point here but back then the only people speaking a language were the ethnicity that language was associated with or diplomats or traders

>putting a picture of a king's tent and acting like it signifies wealth in the general population
"Let them eat cake!"
>>
>>2729169
so your only example of people who aren't polish or lithuanians are ruthenians, but I could bet one leg or two that they weren't even 20% of the population (and not 80% as OP says)
>>
>>2729275
Are you implying that there is more than one common European race. Would you care to elaborate on your racial theories a bit? :^)
>>
>>2729355
And Belorussians and Tatars and Prussians and Romanians

80% is obviously hyperbole but much of the territory of Poland-Lithuania was populated by non-Poles and non-Lithuanians
>>
>>2729355
>The population of the Commonwealth was never overwhelmingly either Roman Catholic or Polish. This circumstance resulted from Poland's possession of Ukraine and federation with Lithuania, in both of which countries ethnic Poles were a distinct minority.
> In 1618, after the Truce of Deulino, the Commonwealth population increased together with its territory, reaching 12 million people, which was composed roughly of 4.5 m Poles, 3.5 m Ukrainians, 1.5 m Belarusians, 0.75 m Lithuanians, 0.75 m Old Prussians, 0.5 m Jews, and 0.5 m Livonians
>>
Le bump
>>
>>2729674
Belorussians and Ukrainians were rutheniuns so they don't count as being a "non-member" of the commonwealth.
>>
>>2729265
Why is so hard for faggots to not project modern social issues unto the past? For all intents and purposes hailing from the general geographic area of Poland, speaking polish and having a vaguely defined polish appearance and customs was enough to be considered a pole. That's not an admission that Jaffar from Pakistan is a German because he speaks German, wears Lederhosen and has German citizenship.
>>
The Orthodox East Slavs were just happy that they weren't ruled by Turks or Tatars.

However, Moscow then defeated both the Turks and Tatars.

Suddenly Orthodox east Slavs had a choice between a Catholic West Slavic speaking empire and an Orthodox East Slavic empire. I wonder which they would rather be ruled by...
>>
File: fd.jpg (132KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
fd.jpg
132KB, 600x850px
>>2731707
>However, Moscow then defeated both the Turks and Tatars.
that was after first partition so it was very late
>>2731707
>Suddenly Orthodox east Slavs had a choice between a Catholic West Slavic speaking empire and an Orthodox East Slavic empire. I wonder which they would rather be ruled by...
its not like it mattered for average ruthenian/ukrainian or whatever you wanna call them serf if he's ruled by a pole or russian
situation changed with kosciuszko uprising which abolished serfdom but it came too late and it was rather unsuccessful
>>
>>2731612
I meant you were considered a Pole if you spoke Polish, that's it. Something like nationality didnt exist before 3rd May Constitution/Kosciuszko Uprising.
People living in Ruthenia were called Ruthenians(or Ukrainians) and people living in Lithuenian part of Commonwealth were called Lithuanians and they called themselves like this as well.
>>
File: I_RP_Gęstość_zaludnienia_XVI.png (36KB, 716x530px) Image search: [Google]
I_RP_Gęstość_zaludnienia_XVI.png
36KB, 716x530px
>>2729153
>>80% of the population weren't Poles or Lithuanians
>80
>eighty fucking percent
now youre just making shit up.
>>
>>2731612
>hurr durr don't apply modern social sciences to the past
>was enough to be considered a pole.
>literally talks about the definition of a polish nation when nationalism wasn't even a thing

kys retarded slav toilet cleaner
>>
>>2729153
okay but none of that's true though
>>
>no heir
>leaves no advice what nobles should do in case if he died
>dies
wat do
>>
File: Husaria.jpg (62KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
Husaria.jpg
62KB, 498x750px
>>2732198
Abolish Sejm with no survivors.
>>
Any good book recommendations on the commonwealth/ general premodern Polish history?
>>
>>2732756
Good beginning
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God%27s_Playground
>>
>>2732756
this >>2732765 as well as anything by Jerzy Lukowski
>>
>>2731594
I never said they weren't, but they weren't Poles and they weren't Lithuanians, were they? So that would make the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth predominantly non-Polish and non-Lithuanian, wouldn't it?
>>
>>2732179
The majority of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth but the late 1600s weren't Polish or Lithuanian. There were huge cultural and religious differences between the various ethnic groups that made up the Commonwealth, and when the Little Ice Age hit and crops began failing the economy plunged into the toilet because virtually the entire economy was based around grain, without much heavy industry, fabrication, or mining
>>
>>2732854
>when the Little Ice Age hit
It took bigger hit when stuff like potatoes and tomatoes came to Europe and grain suddenly wasn't such luxury anymore.
>>
File: Czarniecki.png (349KB, 457x610px) Image search: [Google]
Czarniecki.png
349KB, 457x610px
>>2732735
the problem was that elective monarchy and rise of magnates/decline of middle class nobility made Poland devolve into oligarchy/borderline anarchy instead of becoming more civilized parliamentary system
>>
>>2732170
Nice false flagging, muhammed Tyrone Von jewgold.
>>
/his/ being retarded as usual
>hurr because there were non polish and non lithuanian minorities the name makes no sense xD

Poles and l*thuanians were in charge therefore by all means it was a Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth you don't fucking say United Kingdom Which Also Has Pakis, Poles, Niggers and Irish In It you just say United Kingdom
>no wealth
i guess swedish niggers stole air then
>>
File: dontgiveherthed.jpg (25KB, 288x351px) Image search: [Google]
dontgiveherthed.jpg
25KB, 288x351px
>le naming conventions dont accurately represent reality meme

kys
>>
>>2733087
Except the term "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" tells you exactly what and who they rule over. The "Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth" ruled over lands that were predominantly not Polish or Lithuanian

Also
>minorities
over 50% of P-L's population weren't Poles or Lithuanians. That's not a minority you stupid nigger
>>
>>2733182
now make op about macedonia having 0 macedonians or german prussia having 0 prussians
>>
>>2733201
Nobody said the Commonwealth had 0 Poles or 0 Lithuanians. Stop strawmanning
>>
>>2733182
>over 50%

you're making shit up
>>
>>2733222
see
>>2729674

For being nerds it seems most of /his/ is incapable of reading
>>
>>2733306
That post pretty much confirms the 50% is bullshit. What's with /his/ and making shit up about slavic countries? I've seen so many bullshit posts it's not even funny.
>>
>>2733323
>12 million total population
>about 60% of them weren't Poles or Lithuanians

Do you have a fucking point here? You can google the demographics of Poland-Lithuania yourself if you don't trust my numbers.

Nobody is making shit up and furthermore you act like it's somehow a bad thing that a lot of the population weren't Polish. I don't understand why you get so offended that you're wrong.. Just deal with it.
>>
>>2733323
Oh I get it, you must be a butthurt Pole scrubbing toilets in the UK or something. There is no reason to be upset. Provide me a source showing that the majority of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was Polish. Go ahead, I'll wait, because you won't find one unless you're talking about the very early years of the union or something. For most of their history, over 50% of the population were Ruthenians, Tatars, Prussians, and Jews.
>>
>>2733402
Because you're a stupid fucking leftist americunt I bet you're the same retard who wrote abhorrent
>black people were used as soldiers in Eastern Europe since the roman times
post as well

fuck off with your revisionism
>>
>>2729153
>British Empire
>90% of the population was Indian

>Mongol Empire
>90% of the population wasn't mongol

>Ottoman Empire
>50% of the population wasn't a man
>>
>>2733416
Hahahahahahaha, fucking idiot
>make claim
>get proven wrong
>HURRRR STUPID AMERISHART FUCK U

Also, can we please stop using "HURRRR REVISIONIST" whenever you get proven wrong on /his/?

Go ahead, go find me a source showing that more than 50% of P-L's population were Poles and Lithuanians. Again, I'll wait, because you won't find one.
>>
>another good thread ruined by /int/ bullshit
>>
I hate kikes, niggers, spics and fags.
>>
File: 1478605479031.jpg (12KB, 410x415px) Image search: [Google]
1478605479031.jpg
12KB, 410x415px
>>2733419
>>Ottoman Empire
>>50% of the population wasn't a man
at least on the bright side it was 50% turkish
>>
>>2733430
>Go ahead, go find me a source showing that more than 50% of P-L's population were Poles and Lithuanians.
not him but who the fuck cares about serfs? Duchy of Courland was latvian serfs ruled by german nobles, austrians probably became minority as some point in their empire too
i really dont know whats your point desu
>>
>>2733474
>Duchy of Courland
who?
>latvian
who?
>>
>>2733478
i won't spoonfeed a retard, sorry
>>
what la fugg is in dis thread XDDD
>>
>>2733182
>great britain

>there are no brits anymore, majority of the population is germanic
>>
>>2729153
>Earth
>It's covered mostly by water
Retarded
>>
>>2729153
>poland
>shit
Wow, what a great observation, OP.
>>
>>2734032
>"hmmm, these people have diffrent religion then me, i think we should fight for another 30 years or something"
Wester Europe was so great, am i roight anon?
>>
>>2729674
that's impressive, I thought there would be much more lithuanians.
I'm the guy you quoted.
>>
>>2733419
>Ottoman Empire
>99.999% of the population wasn't descended from Osman
>>
Le bump XD
>>
>>2732198
Make a republic in the name of saint ambrosia
>>
File: tumblr_lra76ugFcN1qbzo9l.gif (337KB, 250x152px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lra76ugFcN1qbzo9l.gif
337KB, 250x152px
>>2729153

>nothing in common
>no wealth

oh lawd that got me good
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.