[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did old Christians spend so much time researching and cataloging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Why did old Christians spend so much time researching and cataloging demons? Isn't it a little risky, eternal soul-wise? Either they don't exist and you're making fun of God's omnipotence to pass the time, or they do exist and you're effectively worshipping false idols.
>>
>>2727278
researching and cataloging isn't worshipping you idiot
scientists research and catalogue animals and plants, it doesn't mean anything
>>
>>2727278
God says they exist.

I do not know what benefit cataloging them would be.
>>
>>2727433
Know your enemy so you can fight him
also to write awesome fantasy stories
>>
>>2727433
>I do not know what benefit cataloging them would be.
Just a hobby
>>
life is boring in an Abbey
>>
>>2727278
Know thine enemy
>>
people were larping before you found /x/ buddy
>>
Exorcism was serious business back in the day and people wanted to be absolutely prepared if someone got possessed.
>>
>>2727480
>Just a hobby

This. Today's equivalent would be writing an encyclopedia of star wars spaceships or something but instead of having to be commercially viable, it had to be theologically viable.
>>
>>2727645
Not only this but you some names droped in the bible so they need a backstory just like the extended universe
>>
>>2727645
>>2728616

tfw Chris-chan is going to be canonized in 1200 years for his seminal work of groundbreaking theology De Res Historiae Sonichu
>>
if you are the emotional, sexual, and social equivalent of an awkward 13 yr old, why wouldnt you spend all day drawing and sorting pokemon?
>>
>>2728889
huh
>>
>>2728895
monks didnt have alot going on socially or sexually so they spent lots if time drawing and cataloguing sweet looking fantasy monsters
>>
>The Gnostic Apocalypse of Adam, which may date to the 1st or 2nd century, refers to a legend in which Solomon sends out an army of demons to seek a virgin who had fled from him, perhaps the earliest surviving mention of the later common tale that Solomon controlled demons and made them his slaves. This tradition of Solomon's control over demons appears fully elaborated in the early pseudographical work called the Testament of Solomon with its elaborate and grotesque demonology.[16]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.