[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are millenials protrayed as a homogenous group having lots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1466780042805.png (340KB, 650x700px) Image search: [Google]
1466780042805.png
340KB, 650x700px
Why are millenials protrayed as a homogenous group having lots in common? There is a world difference between someone born in 1985 and someone born in the late 90s, Yet the guy born in the 80s is somehow put to be more similar to 90s kids than someone born in the 70s even though the culture between the 60s and 80s was much more similar than the one in late 90s or the 2000s.

SHould cultural generations be divided into 10 or 5 year brackets?

pic unrelated
>>
>>2726249
Better question, why the fuck do you want to break people up into these generations at all?
>>
>>2726254
So we can counteract our insecurities with aging. by feeling superior to the new generations.
>>
>>2726409
To be fair, it's not just in one direction. Young people also foster resentment over the authority that (some) older people hold via seniority.

>>2726249
Newsflash, OP: dividing history into the 70s, 80s, 90s etc. is unscientific and has no explanatory or predictive power. Base-10 and the Georgian calendar aren't part of the fundamental structure of reality, you fucking moron.
>>
>>2726560
Then why is dividing people with completely different experiences who have absolutely nothing in common with each other as millenials "scientific"?
>>
>>2726249
Because making broad generalizations about large groups inherently homogenizes the data. Generations are a fucking scam used by advertisers to trick businesses.
>>
>>2727760
It isn't.
>>
>>2726249
Who bothers to sort out pieces of shit floating down the sewer?
>>
>>2726249
Because of old, fat, entitled Boomers.
>>
>>2726409
what do you mean hahahha thats not what were doing hahahhahaahahahhahahhahahahha
>>
OP better not be attacking Non Non Biyori

moe haters go back to >>>/v/
>>
There's a really obnoxious "Documentary" playing about the "achievements" of "generation x" right now. Like the inventions aren't done by individuals who worked hard as hell on their work while the others were out there using drugs, and like electing Obama did anything other than virtue signalling. I especially can't stand the amount of virtue signalling in the documentary itself: "I can't imagine our parents electing a black president hahaha". I love it when they went full dicksuck mode on the daily show.. "I got my political ideas from the daily show." Actual quote from the documentary.
>>
If generations even do exist, I would have them in 10 year spans. However, I believe that they are a human construct in the same way the we have divided time. The changes themselves are visible, but the transitions are let to human classification. It is wrong to stereotype generations and if anything, they have grown more diverse and less homogenous.
>>
>>2728904
This. Theres a world of difference even between someone born in 1995 and 1999.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.