[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any types of Christianity that don't believe in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0064.jpg (91KB, 736x697px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0064.jpg
91KB, 736x697px
Are there any types of Christianity that don't believe in missionary work? I'm having trouble figuring this out.
>>
This is the dumbest thing I ave ever heard.

If you become a Christian, then you believe you have found eternal life, freedom from sin, joy, peace, hope. What kind of person, if they truly believed that, would consider themselves loving and keep it to themselves.
>>
“Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.
21 Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh.
22 Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.
23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.

24 “But woe to you who are rich,
for you have already received your comfort.
25 Woe to you who are well fed now,
for you will go hungry.
Woe to you who laugh now,
for you will mourn and weep.
26 Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you,
for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.
>>
3 And not only that, but we also boast in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us.

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.
>>
>>2725077

Christian Atheists don't generally do mission work, since they believe God's sacrifice was literal and final (ie, that God literally died for our sins and remained dead).
>>
>>2725093
I get that part. It seems to make sense to share knowledge about how cool Jesus is.

What I am less sure of, is that part where many mission groups seem to be going in and doing things other than simply telling people about God.

Like, there seems to be a lot of interventionist stuff.
>>
>>2725093
The kind that believes non-Christians can get to heaven, ie. lots of protestants (and the pope apparently)
>>
>>2725126
I'd never heard of that. So do they not go to church and such?
>>
>>2725126
How can an ideology like that even exist? Are they just working off of Bibles with large sections torn out?
>>
File: manga08.jpg (90KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
manga08.jpg
90KB, 600x429px
>>2725077
That comic is reversed.
>>
>>2725077
Primitive Baptists. If you believe in irresistible grace, and that the non-elect are irretrievably damned, then missionary work is useless or even sinful.
>>
File: They know not what they do.jpg (29KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
They know not what they do.jpg
29KB, 200x200px
>>2725077
>are there any types of Christianity that ignore the great commission

No.
>>
The exclusive brethren
>>
>>2725134
missions are more often than not sent to places where people are impoverished and uneducated, so the missionaries usually help them with the necessities first
giving good example is a part of the teaching and it's hard to talk to people about higher purposes when they're worried about surviving another day
>>
>>2725077
aren't Amishes non-missionary?
>>
>>2725077
> is there a type of organisation that doesn't practice expansion of it's numbers
think about it for half a second
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.