[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the pacific theater the worst theater to be an infantry soldier?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 91PYo7P3DiL.jpg (713KB, 1743x2139px) Image search: [Google]
91PYo7P3DiL.jpg
713KB, 1743x2139px
Was the pacific theater the worst theater to be an infantry soldier?

Europe
>Invade France in the Summer
>Stay on the ground (for the most part) throughout much of the advance.
>Only have to deal with winter for a few months
>Whole engagement lasts a little under a year for US soldiers
>pic related: form tight bonds with your bros, respect your higher command to keep you safe

Pacific theater
>Hoping from island to island having to live on a ship for half the time
>Fighting in humid dense jungle a majority of the time, fighting off venomous creatures and more petulant diseases than europe.
>Lasts several years
>pic related: Pretty much every man for himself, everyone's a dick to their COs.
>>
>>2721955
For Americans, yes. For other players, not necessarily (Germany/USSR). I will say that the average IJN/IJA soldier had it far worse than any other countries military.
>>
>fighting well train and equipped wehrmacht
>fighting japs that have already starved to death
>>
>>2721962
>I will say that the average IJN/IJA soldier had it far worse than any other countries military.

Not worse than the Chinese. Their soldiers were almost as likely to die of starvation or disease JUST GETTING TO THE CONSCRIPTION OFFICE as they were to enemy action.

>>2721996
The casualty rate of soldiers serving in the Pacific was x3.6 higher than it was in the ETO, and in what battles they did engage in the Japanese tended to achieve a far better casualty ratio than the Germans against the Americans. Mostly because they did not surrender when 'beaten', while the Germans did. By the million.
>>
>>2721996
>starving japs fight until everyone is either dead or dying
>Germans surrender left and right
Yeah, sounds like a dream fighting those poor starving japs.
>>
Pretty sure the Russians in Finland had it worse than Americans anywhere else.
>>
Statistically, the worst duty to be assigned to was a German submarine crewman. 80% death rate.
>>
>>2722020
Quick death.
>>
>>2721955
>petulant diseases

PESTILENT you illiterate fuck
>>
>>2722104
Sorry for letting you down
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.