[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Asia begins at the Landstrasse:" - von Metternich

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: map-of-the-balkans.jpg (133KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
map-of-the-balkans.jpg
133KB, 700x394px
"Asia begins at the Landstrasse:" - von Metternich

Was he right? Is this where the Europe really ends?
>>
>>2718102
Hes wrong, even though inhabited by barbarians, northern Europe is still Europe.
>>
File: Yurp.jpg (121KB, 736x791px) Image search: [Google]
Yurp.jpg
121KB, 736x791px
>>2718102
>>
>>2718102
>mitteleuropa meme

German imperialism propaganda is so bad.
>>
>>2718102
To quote Zizek:
The Balkans are the subconscious of Europe. The Balkans is always somewhere else. To us Slovenes, it Begins in Croatia, to Croats it begins in Serbia, Serbia sees itself as the bulwark against the barbaric Asiatic hordes of Islam and Albanians/Bosnian Muslims embody this. It also works the other way around. To Austrians the Balkans begins at the Karavanke (mountains on the border with Slovenia), to Germans Austria is too Slavic and barbaric, the French always see something sinister in the Germans and to the English the whole of Europe is some kind of Balkans, barbarous shithole (not the exact word he used, i took creative liberties)
>>
>>2718139
Therefore, the Balkans is never right here. It is always somewhere downward, toward the East. "The Balkans are OTHERS." Yes, Yes.But I think this is a really important ideological category - because my friend Mladen Dolar had this wonderful idea that the Balkans functions as the
Unconscious of Europe - all of European traumas, everything that Europe isn't willing to admit about itself, the brutality, anti-feminism, militarism, all of this is being projected as the Balkans.
>>
>>2718142
It also goes the other way around, the east projects degeneracy, sloth, greed, selfishness, scheming, and so on to the west.
Those western liberasts with their transsexual parades and open borders, not willing to sacrifice a few individuals for the greater good, what cowards and egoists.
>>
File: 1471281611517.png (273KB, 518x700px) Image search: [Google]
1471281611517.png
273KB, 518x700px
>>2718147
Kek, did he say that? I pasted that other post
>>
>>2718153
No, I made that up as a comment to your Zizek posts.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.