[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: ONCE HISTORICALLY RELEVANT(so /his/ related right?) things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 300px-White_Sea_Canal_map.png (55KB, 300x257px) Image search: [Google]
300px-White_Sea_Canal_map.png
55KB, 300x257px
ITT: ONCE HISTORICALLY RELEVANT(so /his/ related right?) things that still exist that you forgot about
pic is Stalin's canal
>>
>inb4 /int/ arrives and just starts posting their rival countries
>>
>>2718050
>ITT: ONCE HISTORICALLY RELEVANT(so /his/ related right?) things that still exist that you forgot about

The allied occupation of Germany?
Britain, France and the USA still have fully staffed military bases and whole armies in Germany, just in case.
>>
>>2718050
Funny thing is global warming may make Stalin's Canal relevant again.

http://www.theneweconomy.com/home/global-warming-opens-arctic-to-polar-trade-routes-and-tourism
>>
>>2718662
Global warming might make Canada into a bad guy.
The trade route going north of them, between the islands, should by international law be toll free, for common use of all nations. Canada wants to charge fees for passing.
USA and EU have exchanged words with them about it, thus far mostly low profile.

But Russia and Canada benefit from global warming, I am just not sure if Canada can handle the "benefit" without getting liberated from its democratically elected government.
>>
>>2718690
I really hope global warming will lead to the colonisation of the Arctic
>>
>>2718913
The place itself isn't that important, and will be "common use" as long as there is at least two powers in the world.
It is the trade routes north if Canada and Russia that matter, and Russia gaining ocean access that doesn't involve going through heavily fortified canals near Denmark, Turkey or Japan (read: USA allies).
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.