[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People always say the Nazi's human experimentations were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Josef_Mengele.jpg (13KB, 280x480px) Image search: [Google]
Josef_Mengele.jpg
13KB, 280x480px
People always say the Nazi's human experimentations were "unscientific"
Alright. But what made Unit 731's experiment's scientific? The USA valued the results enough to give all members of unit 731 immunity
>>
>>2716893

I assume that Unit 731 took better notes.
>>
>>2716893
>But what made Unit 731's experiment's scientific?
Not a damn thing
>>
>2017
>Not knowing that significant portions of the data we have on human exposure to extreme temperatures comes from Axis experiments on living human bodies undertaken in controlled conditions
>Thinking that data acquired unethically is somehow not useful
>Implying people always say that the Nazis' experiments on humans were unscientific
This is an 18+ website.
>>
>>2716916
For everything scientific the Nazis found, there's also shit like "Who survives hypothermia longer, a jew or a gypsy?"
>>
>>2716893
Neither was particularly scientific but Mengele's stuff was actually more useful to the allies. They basically threw away all the 731 stuff.
>>
>>2716920
This sort of thing isn't exclusive to Nazi science, though. Credentialism and ideology are a pair of mutual enablers.
I'm not saying Nazi experiments on humans were in all cases reasonable, but the idea that this makes them 'unscientific' is absurd--by this standard, any line of inquiry that results in a hypothesis which is proven false when tested or which is understood to be fundamentally flawed in the wake of future experiments should be considered 'unscientific.' In reality, the only thing that matters is the testability of the hypothesis; falsifiability plays a central role in scientific inquiry, and I'm not even a Popper fan. Hypotheses that are later revealed to be founded on faulty assumptions are not any less hypothetical; experiments that do not prove the hypothesis are not less experimental.
The issue here is in the question of whether or not science is a pure discipline that leads inexorably to truth discarding all falsehoods along the way, or an institutional methodology which can be bent to particular institutional ends while remaining true to the method which defines scientific institutions and training.
>>
>>2716920
Well, what's the answer to the question?
>>
File: Shiro-ishii.jpg (34KB, 360x513px) Image search: [Google]
Shiro-ishii.jpg
34KB, 360x513px
Everyone in this thread is full of bullshit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirō_Ishii

Shirō was an actual doctor and not just some bullshit sociologist. Above anyone else, he developed chemical and biological warfare.
>>
>>2716920

Why is that considered to be not scientific or valuable? You know that there are clinical trials focused on specific races and ethnicities today?
>>
>>2717078
>live your life torturing people for science points
>convert to Catholicism on your death bed
he dodged a bullet there
>>
>>2719082
I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say Gypsies, but its not like the experiments were well controlled either, it was just sadism with a budget and records. Other experiments were stuff like locking people in vacuum chambers and killing them, irradiating people, infecting people, even just giving them novel wounds, and so much more. Those first two were nominally to learn about space habitation, or something to that effect, but it hardly matters if gypsies or jews make a bigger mess after explosive decompression, and after a few trials you're just playing with the doom-room. Sure you can draw conclusions from giving two locked rooms of people syphilis and seeing who rots faster, but they are hardly useful.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.