[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are there examples in history when a society collapsed because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

File: 1488780173765.jpg (39KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1488780173765.jpg
39KB, 320x240px
are there examples in history when a society collapsed because it became effeminate, promiscuous, hedonistic ?
can you list these examples?
>>
>>2713472
Rome
>>
>>2713679
au contraire, my friend.. au contraire..
Rome fell because bigot christianity
>>
Sumer
Assyria
Babylon
Persia
Hellas
Rome
Ostrogothic Kingdom
Visigotic Kingdom
Vandal Kingdom
Lombard Kingdom
Eastern Roman Empire
Caliphate
Osmans
'West'
>>
>>2713472
Is this the best right wing analysis has to offer?
>>
File: 9432726_9.jpg (313KB, 1333x1600px) Image search: [Google]
9432726_9.jpg
313KB, 1333x1600px
>>2713472

There aren't any.

I dont know why faggots think degeneracy leads to societal collapse. Ive never read any text that says otherwise.
>>
>>2713687
>le Rome fell because of christianity meme
Why do people say this?
>>
>>2713736
None of these are remotely true.
>>
inb4 people say Rome even though the Western Roman Empire in the 5th century was probably more conservative than it had ever been

How did the 'Rome fell because of degeneracy' thing start anyway
>>
>>2713753
Not true but for me, on a purely gut level, Rome ceased being Rome once it adopted Christianity as its state religion.
>>
>>2713768
Well the Roman Empire was already pretty unstable

>>2713771
It changed I agree but for me it was about just as Roman as before
>>
>>2713744
Read Decline of the West.
>>
>>2713472
Not sure but we can find plenty of bloodthirsty warlike societies that collapsed anyway like the Aztecs and the Nazis.
Oftentimes, accusations that society has become effeminate, promiscuous, or hedonistic is usually just some LARPing faggotry by historically ignorant virgins like Hitler or Cato.
>>
Infancy is thinking the Roman Empire fell because of barbarians

Childhood is believing it fell because of Christianity

Adolescence is thinking it was destroyed by degeneracy

Adulthood is believing that it never actually fell

Enlightenment is realizing the Roman Empire never existed
>>
>>2713472
Moriori
>>
File: image-2017-04-26-00-39-26.jpg (7KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
image-2017-04-26-00-39-26.jpg
7KB, 197x256px
>>2713803
Apotheosis is realizing we're living in the Roman Empire right now.
>>
>>2713810
>Ethnic tensions aka neo-marxism

I just don't know why the far right has no traction in academia
>>
>>2713810
>effimination of men, promiscuity of woman, and hedonism.
What the fuck are you even basing this on? Late Rome was incredibly socially conservative. Probably moreso than it had ever been maybe excepting the Pax Augusta.
>>
>>2713771
Yet, Rome was constantly adding new gods since inception.

Logistics killed Rome more than anything.
>>
>>2713829
And then they scrapped them all for some middle eastern one.

might as well have adopted islam
>>
>>2713810
>ethnic tensions within the empire, and moral decadence aka effimination of men, promiscuity of woman, and hedonism.
Dude the last days of the empire were the most machinist ones
>>
>>2713832
Should've adopted Zoroastrianism desu
>>
>>2713736
osmans became turkey...
>>
>>2713810
If EU is going to fall apart, it's because nationalism rising contrary to your thesis.
>>
>>2713832
And still logistics killed Rome, not le religion meme.
>>
>>2713858
The EU is nothing like Rome. It's not a nation, it has no pride, it has no honor.
>>
>>2713472
Song China
>>
>>2713858
Nationalism is more dangerous than opening borders to hordes of fighting age Muslims that don't assimilate and wrecks national culture.
>>
>>2713880
you should be fighting lack of control with control, not desunion and policies that bring back hostiliy
>>
>>2713888
i meant machismo
auto-correct came in lol
>>
>>2713891
triggered lol
>>
File: image.png (8KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
8KB, 253x199px
>>2713888
>Widespread homosexuality was a thing, like you, faggot. If every guy is fucking each other woman are going to sleep around too because men aren't giving them enough attention. Sorry but rampant degeneracy was absolutely a factor (one of many I have listed) that contributed. Of course it was conservative till the end but that's why it ended - they stopped being conservative about it. Lol.

Are you a schizo? I mean, why are you making this shit up? Either you don't know anything sbout Rome, but you still choose to lie and guess, or you know something about Rome, which means that you're just lying deliberately?
Do you realize how fucking stupid do you sound?
Your idiocy is almost tragic: no one should have to live with such a flawed mind.
>>
>>2713888
>Ethnic tensions are rising in places like the US because of Neo-Marxism. Instead of agitating on apart of the working class it agitates on apart of group identity. This push for equity for racial groups is destroying race relations.
>despite it having nothing to do with class or Marx's theory I'm going to call it Marxist because it's about unifying a group's interests.

This just in fascism is marxist. nationalism is marxist. capitalism is marxist.
>>
"Degeneracy", as you put it, is a symptom of inequality. Societies collapse when the groups on the bottom has nothing to lose, and suddenly realize they have the numbers to crush the upper class.
>>
>>2713907
Society collapses when the lower class gets greedy, we should support the upper class.
>>
>>2713912
No matter how cucky liberals are the right manages to out do them
>>
There are none, anon. The meme of "le degeneracy cause the all ox the x or y civilisation" is pretty much a complete myth pedaled by those who currently benefit from the status quo but have begun to lose their grip on society.
>>
>>2713926
So it's actually capitalism and the cucked left has been so defanged its one of its most useful defenders?

Because that's what it is.
>>
>>2713939
How is it capitalism? What use are these people? They have no great wealth or skills or job prospects.
>>
>>2713945
The middle class is a relatively new phenomenon.
>>
>>2713966
The middle class has always existed. In the Hellenic era phalanxes were manned by land-owning free men. They weren't lower classes but not really upper classes either.
>>
File: 76543wsdfgh.png (221KB, 350x333px) Image search: [Google]
76543wsdfgh.png
221KB, 350x333px
>>2713951
Cheap labor.

Wages drop or stagnate, wealth funnels upwards, powerful EU nations exploit the smaller ones and smarmy liberals dismiss all your economic woes and demand you check your privilege and all that shit.

There's also the fact that the manner in which a society produces and distributes its resources represents the fundamental foundation of said society. When it comes to any social or cultural issue always follow the money.
>>
>>2713966
>>2713975
You'll find the modern bourgeois middle class stems from the Renaissance merchants.
>>
>>2713980
Well you do have to remember that the modern (or post-modern) left can be stooges for capitalists. Dividing and conquering the working classes allows them unrestricted power that has been kept in check by European nation states. Ethnically divided multicultural society cannot fight back anywhere near as readily. People will be too divided on numerous grounds to see the fundamental economic threat against them.
>>
>>2713926

>>>/Pol/
>>
Sweden
>>
File: 098433456y654uyeg.png (134KB, 260x272px) Image search: [Google]
098433456y654uyeg.png
134KB, 260x272px
>>2713980
Are you illiterate anon.

>The open borders and welfare as well as the continual appeasement of these inbred shitters is being pushed not by capitalism but by THE KEKED LEFT.
Remember the post you were responding to >>2713939 it literally points out the modern left as one of capitalism's most ardent defenders. Again and again they'll oppose the most reformist of socdems in favor of some establishment shill who throws lip services to whatever idpol is popular that week.

>You blame capitalism while supporting candidates who do it for profit for the wealthy elite you pretend to hate so much. The irony is palatable.
I literally did not support anyone in my post.

Fuck man, you missed the mark so amazingly I can't help but think you were "literally shaking" when you made your post.

Fucking chill.
>>
>>2713780

Which still exist?..
>>
>>2714014
>>2714021
Commies are as pro-open borders, pro-mass migration, pro-fag, pro-tranny, anti-anything that suggests the existence of objective standards of worth, pro whatever id-pol there is as liberals are. Stop trying to pretend you only care about economic issues.
>>
>>2714030
The west doesn't exist in any significant way. "The west" is basically europeanized christianity. Christianity is gone, we now have her radical child, called universal, secular, progressive egalitarianism.
>>
>>2714040
It's not really all that radical. It lacks too much substance to be called radical.
>>
>>2714048
You have literally zero historical awareness if you think the overton window of today isn't radically egalitarian compared to the 50s.
>>
>>2714038
>Commies are as pro-open borders, pro-mass migration, pro-fag, pro-tranny, anti-anything that suggests the existence of objective standards of worth, pro whatever id-pol there is as liberals are.
Well yes, for the third time now capitalism has successfully subverted leftist ideology and defanged it to be one of its most ardent defenders. Even self-proclaimed "communist parties" will be populated with limp wristed liberals who simply only care about whatever idpol is fashion and simply have a fetish for soviet iconography.

Of course this does not mean opposition to some of this idpol is the way to go. (e.g. I personally have no issue with gays being gays. Fuck off back to Muhammadastan if you want to enforce your religious bullshit.)

>Stop trying to pretend you only care about economic issues.
It's not a matter of "only caring about economic issues". it's about recognising that economics are the driving factor.

this is why the right is a dead end. most of it stems from working class angst brought about by capitalism but its solutions are to give their exploiters even more sway and power.
>>
>>2714077
>Well yes, for the third time now capitalism has successfully subverted leftist ideology
Nope, it's not them who've been subverted, it's you who has been left behind.
>Fuck off back to Muhammadastan if you want to enforce your religious bullshit.
First, I'm an atheist, second, we've gone well beyond the "it should be acceptable for gays to be gays" talking point. We've gone to "people have lost their job because they think gay marriage shouldn't be a thing like everyone did 15 years ago".
>this is why the right is a dead end. most of it stems from working class angst brought about by capitalism but its solutions are to give their exploiters even more sway and power.
You have no understanding of what the right is, which is not surprising desu. The right has never traditionally focused on economic claims. That's a very recent change.
>>
Remember when were demanding a /his/ board and people thought it would just become /pol/ with dates?

We sure showed them, right guys?
>>
File: dwi.png (87KB, 505x391px) Image search: [Google]
dwi.png
87KB, 505x391px
Im a gay nationalist communist
>>
>>2714110
>you can't collect foodstamps and have a job at the same time
>>
>>2714151
>for their ultra wealthy handlers to make a profit
>the refugees aren't being pushed on us for economic reasons

pls decide
>>
>>2714127
stick your sarcasm up your arse you fat nigger
>>
>>2713810
Quality post!
Have an upvote, fellow r/the_donald crossposter!
>>
>>2714040
>"The West" is only the things that I like
>change is bad
ok /pol/.
>>
>>2713866
>LARPing this hard

You need to stop existing, spooked one.
>>
>>2713803
cool opinions
>>
>>2714186
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
File: hadrianantinous.jpg (36KB, 630x432px) Image search: [Google]
hadrianantinous.jpg
36KB, 630x432px
empires were forged for boypussy

they collapse when they fall for the vagina meme
>>
>>2714155
pay denbts
>>
>>2713687
No it was lead that killed Rome
>>
>>2713472
Only one I can think of is the Third Republic of France. During WW1 Petain apparently with his mistresses quite a lot, and he himself attributed the country's fall to the people's "love of pleasure". Besides that, the built fucking cinemas under the Maginot line but had no tanks.
>>
>>2715128
watching films would keep up the men's morale. The line was expected to be manned for long periods of time.
Also proofs about the mistresses?
>>
>>2713880
To a supranational body, that nationalist parties wish to destroy, yes.
>>
Did anyone say eutruscans yet?
>>
>>2713818

Philip K Dick was a right fucking weirdo wasn't he. Anyone know if I can get his religious text, the one where he shares all of his revelations?
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.