[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>le soft underbelly of europe >spend time and resources

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: map1[1].jpg (61KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
map1[1].jpg
61KB, 600x719px
>le soft underbelly of europe
>spend time and resources fighting through mountainous Italy just to reach the alps in the North

Maybe Churchill just wanted lots of dead americans?
>>
>>2711020
I think he called Yugoslavia the soft underbelly of Hitler's Europe.
Churchill was in favor of landing in Yugoslavia and fighting with the Chetniks, but Stalin and FDR were against (also it would have interfered with Stalin's sphere of influence, but to be fair, Churchill intended that)
>>
>>2711020
Nah. Churchill pretty consistently displayed the sort of mistaken mindset of making plans based on how great it would be if they went perfectly, ignoring the fact that they usually didn't. It's the same sort of reasoning that went into Gallipoli.
>>
>>2711020
They could've just landed outside Rome but for some reason chose to go up from the very bottom of the boot.
>>
>>2711076
Because you want to have air cover when you do something like storm a beach, doubly so since you often can't take heavy equipment like artillery on your first waves. That, in turn, requires you to land relatively close to your existing positions, something within operational range of your aircraft, and the closer the better.
>>
>>2711085
If aircraft could reach Taranto from Tunisia, they can reach Ostia.
>>
>>2711534
>What is malta
>>
Southern Italians didn't even like Germany desu. My grandparents had a German soldier stationed in their small town and after he mistreated the locals he was sent to fight on the Russian front.
They didn't like British either. Supposedly my grandpa was kicked in the ass by some Brit who he was trying to sell an egg to. He disliked anglos ever since. The American soldiers were liked better, surprisingly.
>>
>>2711573
More guineas in the American Army.
>>
>>2711640
>guineas
That was an Anglo colony you idiot.
>>
>>2711085
But what about Inchon though
>>
>>2711549
They were based out of Tunisia you dummy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.