[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>life is miserable and meaningless >psychotherapy and medication

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1466191951478.jpg (346KB, 1526x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1466191951478.jpg
346KB, 1526x1600px
>life is miserable and meaningless
>psychotherapy and medication aren't helping
>religion isn't helping
>I can't connect with anyone

Can anyone recommend a philosopher whose texts might give me some meaning so I don't off myself?
>>
You need to realize that your nihilism is just one perspective among many.

Go skydiving.
>>
>>2708900
Good ol' Nietzky.
Just go full Übermensch.
>>
Nietzsche
>>
Epicureanism, my good man:

http://classics.mit.edu/Epicurus/menoec.html

http://classics.mit.edu/Epicurus/princdoc.html

http://www.epicurus.net/en/vatican.html
>>
>>2708900
>take walks in the park
>hit the gym
>get laid
>have a good job
>read more
>>
>>2708981
/fit/ here, read after lifting and showering for maximum comfyness
>>
>>2708900
Heroclitus
>>
>>2708900
philosophy can't stop every feel, if you have depression it is physiological
>>
>>2708900
therapy and meds are for weak fags man. I honestly don't know what to say, of course suicide is the way to go but I can't do it cuz no gun and too pussy to try other methods.

To escape life I usually spend time sleeping and for some reason I've been seeing lots of dreams and most of them are like daily life so its kinda good.

Playing video game or maybe reading might be a good way too, when ur focused on them, u forget the real life as well. I usually get bored after playing and reading, go to sleep, wake up and repeat the cycle
>>
>>2708900

Know the feeling man. Problem with our times is that we lack those structures (For example the Church, or the Communist Party, speaking from an european point of view) our fathers had to get them connected to an ideal, and thus give'em meaning. The modern man is faced against the naught of his individual existence. The only things valued today are mere distractions, mindless entertainment. My advice, as suggested previously, would be this : Focus on something greater than yourself. For me, it was philosophy. Kept me busy, kept my mind out of the boredom of everyday life and its fucking misery. The intellectual orgasms i get by studying texts countless men studied before me, they're hard to describe in english. Making a dictionary out of my brain : That's the thing that keeps me going, would certainly work for you. Another unoriginal advice i'd give you would be to avoid drowning yourself in alcohol, don't lose yourself in smoking weed, meds or whatever the fuck, did that when i was a 15-year-old nihilist, it's not worth it, you'll just get dumber, not happier. Sorry for the poor grammar, my English's shit. Best of luck to you, bud. Truly mean it.
>>
File: Goji Berries.jpg (142KB, 1600x1047px) Image search: [Google]
Goji Berries.jpg
142KB, 1600x1047px
>>2708900
if I were to start studying philosophy again I would probably read Hume or Kierkegaard. Also, drugs are bad eat (pic related) or equivalent and start taking vitamins
>>
>>2708900
Have kids.

Edit: if you're not white then ignore the above and just kys
>>
>>2708900
schopenhauer
>>
>>2708900
Try masturbating to increasingly disgusting stuff, works for me.
>>
>>2708900
Johann Schimidt
>>
>>2708900
Exercise and Stirner.

Not even kidding.
>>
>life is miserable and meaningless
>psychotherapy and medication aren't helping
>religion isn't helping
>I can't connect with anyone

Reading more philosophy isn't going to help with that numb nuts. Go get engaged in something that involves interacting with humans on a daily basis. Like go to a food pantry or something.
>>
>>2710551
>To escape life I usually spend time sleeping
This is the only correct answer.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.