[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>first powered flight around at the beginning of the 20th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: goodolbuzz.jpg (265KB, 1900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
goodolbuzz.jpg
265KB, 1900x1200px
>first powered flight around at the beginning of the 20th century
>less than 70 years later, burgers are walking on the moon

How the fuck did technology mature so fast? Surely nothing like this has never been done in human history. Was it really because of those pesky world wars and darn soviet? What other factors contributed to aviation development?
>>
>Soviets dicking around with shit
>create Sputnik, first man-made satellite
>US government gets scared, makes NASA
>goes to the moon
A lot of innovation in the 20th century was for a dick-measuring contest
>>
>>2708478
Yes. It happened because of advancements in aviation during WWII.
>>
>>2708491
Actually it was a race between Team USA (Von Braun) and Team USSR (Korolev). There was a chance for Americans to send the first satellite but the US government was scared because of dumb legal issues concerning activity in space and because they weren't sure if they want a German being responsible for their great national moment.
So for the next 10 years they had to play catch up with the Soviets.
>>
>>2708511
>German autism destroyed Europe but ushered in greatness for the USA and USSR

Are you telling me Anglos, French, and Japs were on the sidelines the whole time?
>>
Knowledge is cumulative and pushes a self-reinforcing feedback

More we know = next round we can know even more, and so on and so on.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.