[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have been given the opportunity to travel back in time to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Mosaique_echansons_Bardo.jpg (554KB, 1239x897px) Image search: [Google]
Mosaique_echansons_Bardo.jpg
554KB, 1239x897px
You have been given the opportunity to travel back in time to ancient Rome. You are the only modern human to get this opportunity.

The only catch is, you must serve as a Roman slave for the duration of your stay, which is a minimum of 1 year.

What do, /his/?
>>
>>2707108

I'll pass thanks.
>>
>>2707114
Isn't one year of manual labor worth the price of being able to observe and experience life in antiquity?
>>
File: Malani (9).jpg (124KB, 738x462px) Image search: [Google]
Malani (9).jpg
124KB, 738x462px
Serve these girls for 1 year?

I definitely would
>>
>>2707119

No, because if you're sent to work in a mine or plantation or set to oar a galley, you won't survive the year.
>>
>>2707128
Suppose you are certain you'll survive without permanent injury, but otherwise anything is possible. Does that change your decision?
>>
>>2707124
What's this from?
>>
Depends what kind of slave. 1 year in the lead mines with a bunch of conquered Gauls? No thanks. 1 year getting fucked in the ass by some sweaty Latin nobleman on his villa? Yes please.
>>
File: caligula.jpg (132KB, 625x861px) Image search: [Google]
caligula.jpg
132KB, 625x861px
>>2707170
kek
>>
>>2707159
Spartacus
>>
I can bake and cook really well, plus I have a knack for cultivating sourdough cultures, which would probably be useful in that area. If I can be a slave in a patrician family and make food, I'm totally down for that.
>>
>>2707108
I wouldn't go. I will never understand the obsession with the ancient world. It was utterly grim.
>>
>>2707364
>It was utterly grim.

While this is true, the idea of being able to see how ancient people behaved, hear their
(now extinct) languages being spoken as native tongues, see real ancient architecture/sculpture/art, hear ancient music, etc., just seems like a fantasy come true for people interested in history.

Perhaps all of that would wear off as the reality of being a slave set in, but it sure is a tempting proposition.
>>
>>2707385
>Perhaps all of that would wear off as the reality of being a slave set in, but it sure is a tempting proposition.
it would wear off within the first hour of being mercilessly beaten for not working, due to you trying to 'observe'
i think for the vast majority of history buffs, being forced into slavery is objectively not worth getting to experience history
>>
Depends on where I'm a slave and I have to have my benis cut off.
>>
>>2707151
still would get the shit beaten out of you regularly desu
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.