[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is serbia considered to be a defender against ottomans when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: serbitches.png (30KB, 344x497px) Image search: [Google]
serbitches.png
30KB, 344x497px
Why is serbia considered to be a defender against ottomans when it was the serbs under knyaz Stepan Lazarevich who were allied to the ottomans and participitated in the battle of nicopolis?.
>>
>>2705272
And he got sovereignty for that. Also the sultana was Serbian. I may be a tatar shit but at least my people have never fallen as low as this.
>>
>>2705272
Because Serbs acted as Austrian and Hungarian border guards for centuries. Because Stefan was under oath since he was a child. Because it was opportune to not get conquered, and his sister was Bayezid's favorite consort.
Because after Bayezid's death (which he did his best to prevent in the battle of Angora, but Bayezid was an idiot) he bailed and established alliances with the remnants of Byzantium and Hungary. Because after the ultimate fall of Serbia and Smederevo most of the Serbian nobility moved to Hungary and swore allegiance to the Hungarian crown.
>>
The most successful Grand Vizier of the Ottoman Empire in the late 16th century (their height) was a Serb.
>>
>>2705391
Who also, reinstated the Serbian church, and had his brother start a dynasty of Patriarchs.
>>2705272
Wikipedia screen caps leave complexities out of history.
>>
>>2705272
>Why is serbia considered to be a defender against ottomans
they arent
>>
File: IMG_1944.jpg (98KB, 822x901px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1944.jpg
98KB, 822x901px
>>2705272
serbia is a one big giant joke
>>
>>2705406
You just went into full damage control nigga
>>
File: basedcroats.jpg (3MB, 1673x9986px) Image search: [Google]
basedcroats.jpg
3MB, 1673x9986px
Serbs are funny, backstabbed fellow Slavs to help the Ottomans and even after Timurid annihilated them they remained faithful Turk lackeys. Then when Croats, Bosnians, Austrians, Hungarians, Frenchmen, Brits, and Greeks lead the fight for liberation, they join in at the tail end and try to claim so much credit. Sad, really.
>>
>>2705272
Because of 19th and 20th century nationalist myth-making, which rewrites history as the story of "nations", ignoring the reality that it was just a bunch of rulers acting opportunistically to advance their own interests with no conception of the "nation" or its interests
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.