[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Napoleon disrespect the French and view them as a bunch of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: inegypt.jpg (457KB, 1920x1149px) Image search: [Google]
inegypt.jpg
457KB, 1920x1149px
Did Napoleon disrespect the French and view them as a bunch of retards?

"Do you think...that my object is to establish a Republic? What a notion! A republic of thirty million people, with our morals and vices! How could that ever be? It is a chimera with which the French are infatuated but which will pass away in time like all others...as for liberty, of that they have no conception...The nation must have a head, a head rendered illustrious by glory and not by theories of government...of which the French understand not a wit. Let them have their toys and they will be satisfied. They will amuse themselves and allow themselves to be led, provided the goal is cleverly disguised."

Sounds more like he was using them than anything.
>>
bumping once
>>
>>2699613
painting name?
>>
>>2699613
Napoleon used everyone, hence his success. I do believe he had some shred of respect for them, but he used them as a means to an end. His end was all of Europe under his control.
>>
>>2699894
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonaparte_Before_the_Sphinx
>>
File: 1491343351565.jpg (85KB, 1000x1312px) Image search: [Google]
1491343351565.jpg
85KB, 1000x1312px
>>2699613
>Did Napoleon disrespect the French and view them as a bunch of retards?
yes, he also hated them in his youth

he was a cuck, an incel and a rapist, >ourguy to be short
>>
Sounds like he understood the average citizen, rather than any disdain for the French specifically.
>>
>>2699943
>of which the French understand not a wit

If that were the case, he would've said people, not french.

There's also the evidence he originally planned to join the English Navy to campaign for a free Corsica.
>>
>>2699613
How is that insulting? Saying Russians and Chinese people always favor autocracy isn't insulting.
>>
In his early career he was more hostile to them but as he got older he started to consider himself more French and stopped liking Corsica
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.