[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me why you enjoy history /his/ What are your areas of most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: history_book.jpg (132KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
history_book.jpg
132KB, 1200x900px
Tell me why you enjoy history /his/

What are your areas of most knowledge?

What are your areas of least knowledge?
>>
>>2698110
it's interesting. Economic, political, military history are all very interesting. Fucking hate cultural history though. It's just muh women, muh blacks muh minorities and takes up like 50% of my course.

WW2, ancient rome, Tsar to Krushchev, ancient greece.

Various indian and asian shit, Renaissance and medieval history
>>
>>2698131
Also know a ton about Australian history in paticular the military and Chifley to Howard.
>>
>>2698110
>Tell me why you enjoy history /his/
Its dope AF senpai. It provides context to the human condition seeing the progression of societies, morality, military. How far we've come, how low we have gone, and everything in between.

Everyone should have an interest in history. I guarantee you someone who has no interest in it is a vapid cunt with nothing interesting to say.

>What are your areas of most knowledge?
I've had an interest in history since I was a teenager but have just not began a more academically rigorous attempt at learning it in the past few months. I have a decent grasp on the narrative of human history; with a particularly good knowledge of Sumer, Early Achaemenid, Franco-Prussian War, WW1 (Especially the first few months), WW2, Cold War.

What are your areas of least knowledge?
95% of World history I am clueless about. Still need to fill in overview knowledge between the fall of the western roman empire and the beginning of the first crusade. All I know about it is >Muh islamic conquests

My eastern history is dogshit, Know barely anything about China/Japan/India or any other civilization east of Persia.

>tfw you just began your history journey and have a massive appetite for knowledge.
>>
>>2698131
>hate cultural history
This

>"early argicultural societies were patriarchal. Isn't that sad? Anyway, come to the next lecture where I'll tell you how classical civilizations were ALSO patriarchal"
>>
>>2698110
Most: Europe
Least: Africa
>>
>>2698110
I like it because they make good story as well as it sates my sadist fetish (what with all the genocides)

I also believe it's a good way to reverse engineer societies. Instead of saying "people I hate created the government to oppress me!" you can actually learn how they created their states and what was their intentions (mostly to prevent raiders from stealing their shit and keeping their food stocked in case of disasters).

I'm big on British, German, Roman, Japanese, and American history

I don't know shit about African history and I can never for the life of me memorize Chinese history (most sources I read just summarizes the dynasties and doesn't get into the political and military movements and big events so I nod off.

like >>2698131 also not big on cultural history but rather than the /pol/ reasons it's just due to just not valuing culture at all (as if a fucking statue will prevent your economy from tanking or the neighboring country from raping your shit).
>>
>>2698110
It teaches us a lot about society and the human condition, through history you can learn about politics, philosophy, religion, economics etc. which makes it an important and useful subject and that deserves more recognition and respect imo.

I know most about America from the Civil War to the Cold War, Nazi Germany and the Holocaust, the Second World War in general, the French Revolution, the Renaissance and the Reformation in Europe. All my favourites.

Know barely anything about anything else. But no historian can claim to be an expert on all of history.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.