[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>... &Humanities Religious discussion belongs here. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: islam.jpg (87KB, 799x579px) Image search: [Google]
islam.jpg
87KB, 799x579px
>... &Humanities

Religious discussion belongs here.
How would you reform islam? Should it be reformed at all?
>>
With a nuclear bomb.
>>
The idea that a "reformation" would be beneficial for Islam's adaptation to modernity is based on the assumption that the Reformation was beneficial for the modernisation of Christendom. While this is a thesis accepted by many, I don't know to what extent I can accept it. It seems that the general zeitgeist of the Renaissance did a lot more to push Europe out of the middle ages than some German shitposting on a church door.
>>
>>2694114
Well I don't see many muslims chopping of people's hands for stealing, of stoning women to death for having sex out of marriage. Alcohol consumption seems to dictate 99% of "christians" aren't actually believers.

So reformation helps, as in it castrates the religion, and an impotent religion that is only paid lip service still does its modern duties of preserving culture and being a spiritual backup during times of trouble, but doesn't get int he way of modern secular life.
>>
>>2694119
>I don't see many muslims

Meant christians here, of course.
>>
>>2694121

Yeah, but I don't know if I buy the thesis that without Luther the Catholic church would have retained the same support as it had in the middle ages. People were questioning more regardless.
>>
>>2694129
You are talking about THE reformation, when there have been many reforms in the church. Even these days, with homosexuals, contraceptives, and so on.
>>
File: 1482632791900.gif (987KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
1482632791900.gif
987KB, 500x452px
>What is the reformation?
>it didn't have to do with theology of the Catholic church and it's authoritarian stance on the Western world no it was about the OT violence, practices, women, human rights and stuff, even though people were doing the same thing after the reformation
>>
>>2694114
the average pleb learning to read because of muh bible probably helped
>>
>>2694114
>>2694183
Bible translated from latin to german/english was a huge deal, and the Koran should be translated to languages other than arbic and accepted.
Right now there are unironically muslims who just speak the phonetic value of the texts and have no idea what they actually way.
>>
Islam has already been reformed by Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab. Salafis are the Protestants of Islam, and Wahhabis are the Puritans of Islam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nfRMI8_PY8
>>
>>2694320
That's mostly correct except the part where Muslims can interpret the Quran themselves. You're not allowed to do it unless you're a top cleric and also Arab.
>>
wait a minute, I thought this was the history & humanities & whatever the fuck you want board? I've been duped
>>
>>2695496
It's half /pol/-tier discussions on topics such as how Hitler could win WWII, and half high school history quiz questions.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.