[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just how Celtic are the Faroese and Icelanders? Irish monks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Figure 1 (Durer's Gallowglass).jpg (112KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
Figure 1 (Durer's Gallowglass).jpg
112KB, 600x448px
Just how Celtic are the Faroese and Icelanders?

Irish monks were the original settlers of both the Faroe Islands and Iceland, before Norse-Gaels came to settle the Faroe Islands and the vikings settled Iceland with their Gaelic slave women and other Gaelic servants.

In regards to the Faroe Islands wikipedia states:

Recent DNA analyses have revealed that Y chromosomes, tracing male descent, are 87% Scandinavian.[6] The studies show that mitochondrial DNA, tracing female descent, is 84% Celtic.[7]

And in regards to Iceland:

Historical and DNA records indicate that around 60 to 80 percent of the settlers were of Norse origin (primarily from Western Norway) and the rest were of Celtic stock from Ireland and peripheral Scotland.[12][13]

How true are these statistics for modern day Icelanders+Faroese? When I was in Iceland even my tour guide had no idea that the Irish were ever in his country, let alone that he may be descended from them
>>
Also the Gallowglass are norse-gaels for anyone wondering about the relevance of the pic
>>
can you post wiki link
>>
>>2692352

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelanders

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faroe_Islanders
>>
Sounds like you are on the money there. The women were most likely brought over predominately as slaves which would explain the dominance of the norse culture.
>>
File: 1483147413336.jpg (62KB, 374x767px) Image search: [Google]
1483147413336.jpg
62KB, 374x767px
FUCKING NORSEMEN GIVE BACK OUR WOMEN
>REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Saoirse Ronan.jpg (522KB, 831x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Saoirse Ronan.jpg
522KB, 831x1024px
>>2693196
>tfw they forgot to take the good ones
>>
Celts are a race cucks.
>>
>>2693207
*of cucks
>>
>>2693205
Saoirse is a fat yankaboo
>>
>>2691713
tfw the Faroe Islands have some of the highest birth rates in all of Europe.
>>
File: halal potato.jpg (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
halal potato.jpg
1MB, 1200x1600px
>>2693205
>good one

>he hasn't heard

boyo...
>>
What are the differences between germanic and celtic people appearance wise?
>>
File: Scheiße.jpg (45KB, 356x453px) Image search: [Google]
Scheiße.jpg
45KB, 356x453px
>>2693252
celts are dusky manlets and germanics are tall blondes
>>
>>2693261
t. hans schwimmer
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.