[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often can history major/minor people finish their assigned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: x5hb8.jpg (46KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
x5hb8.jpg
46KB, 917x871px
How often can history major/minor people finish their assigned reading materials?
>>
I took about five history courses since the freshman year but only finished reading everything before finals once.
>>
>>2689777
>Each course gives me 50-100 pages per week.
>Read some and hopefully no one calls me for recitation on the others.
>>
>>2689777
I'm not going to lie to you, lad: I rarely if ever did the assigned reading if we were going to talk about it in class and weren't being quizzed on it. I'm not spending every day reading 200 pages of shit. If I did ANYTHING, I'd just skim it.
>>
>>2689792
>>2689798
Do you take those classes for gened/interests or do you aim for graduate school and entering the academia tho?
>>
>>2689798
this, im actually writing a paper right now on a book I was just finished.
>>2689777
I bought like 20 books at the beginning of this semester op, Ive read 8 of them
>>
>>2689798
>>2689792
>>2689825
Are there even enough sources to cite?
>>
>>2689814
BA in His, working on MLS

t. >>2689798

>>2689825
I'd always buy the required books, but I could count the ones I've read per year on one hand.

>>2689832
Always read the full source, but if your professor is giving out required sources for term papers you either go to a shitty school or are still in lower division where nothing actually matters.
>>
Read the summary and conclusion of every paragraph. Then read the first and last sentence of every paragraph. Congrats, now spend your free time reading journals and primary sources.
>>
>>2689845
nop
>>2689838
same on the books, and what im doing right now is just a book report basically
>>
>>2689852
>is just a book report basically
It's called a book review.
>>
>>2689855
>A book review is a form of literary criticism in which a book is analyzed based on content, style, and merit
>A book report is an essay discussing the contents of a book, written as part of a class assignment issued to students in schools
I know what I said. This is why I hardly come to /his/
>>
>>2689870
You realize that the two aren't mutually exclusive under those definitions, yes? You're either writing a review or a precis. If your uni is assigning highschool-tier "book reports" then you need to go somewhere else.
>>
>>2689891
I am not writing any of those things like I said before. it is a book report-like paper, where I was told to read a book and given a prompt to answer. This is a 300 level at a major university.
Of course they arent mutually exclusive, both deal with content. You trying to correct me when you have no idea what my assignment just shows your ignorance
>>
>>2689902
>be as vague as possible
>get mad when people correct you on what should be a 100 level assignment in a 300 level course at a "major" uni
Yeah, okay.
>>
>>2689908
I was just relating a small bit of info. I didnt think anyone would get autistic about an assignment so I had to be specific.
>Im mad
>I choose the assignments for the class
holy shit you actually have a problem huh? Not every class has to have a 15-page research paper, Ive already had 3 of those this semester.
>>
>>2689928
>I didnt think anyone would get autistic
>>>/reddit/
>>
>Classical Studies Minor
For most of my classes we would pretty much just go through the reading in class or expand on it. For example in my Alexander the Great class the books were guys like Plutarch where you would get more specific quotes and details about events and shit, but then we would talk about those events at length in the class as well. Part of the quizzes and exams would sometimes consist of identifying a quote from one of the books and expanding on the event that was taking place, who was being talked about, that kind of thing. Again most of the quotes that were on the tests were singled out in the class as well.

However I would also have classes like Classical Mythology where we were told to read the Odyssey but pretty much never talked about it in class but were tested on it. So by test 2 you were expected to have read to a certain point, and so on and so on. Depending on the class and prof sometimes you really just need a highlighter to go over what the prof points to in class and thus you don't really need to do the full reading or the prof leaves you on your own to do everything
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.